lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2020, 02:32 PM   #1
Campbellj
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 Club Car Precedent has no power to anything

Hi, I’m new to the forum. I’ve made some upgrades to my precedent over the past while lurking, but now I can’t get any power to my cart. The cart has been sitting in the garage since June when we moved. I have backed it out and drove it in a few times just to move things around, but I went to back it out today to clean it up a bit for an upcoming camping trip and nothing. First I noticed the reverse buzzer wasn’t working, the headlights won’t turn on, horn doesn’t work, and the charger will not turn on when plugging it in. The only thing that lights up is my battery meter when turning the key on. All the green lights are lit.

The batteries were replaced last summer, I assume they are charged since all the lights light up on the meter. I have a power drive 17a charger installed under the back seat, so I have never used the charge port in the front. I have tried to reset the obc, but don’t hear the reverse buzzer as the instructions say I should so I don’t know if the reset is working. I’ve checked all the battery terminals and connections.

I’ve been reading that with my charger I can bypass the obc, but does the obc also control the lights, horn ect...? Is the bypass just for charging or could bypassing it correct the other problems? I can’t find this answer in search, so I wanted to post here. Could my solenoid be bad? It doesn’t click, but I’m reading the obc supplies the ground.

Thanks for any advice.
Campbellj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2020, 03:04 PM   #2
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Re: 2007 Club Car Precedent has no power to anything

Welcome to the forum! It's been unplugged since June? It should have been left with the charger plugged in. Check the voltage on the entire battery pack, as there's voltage degeneration just by sitting there. It's possible that it's too low to activate the charger. The meter shouldn't be relied upon, a quality digital gauge is a better choice going on out. Don't forget to check your water too, just to cross that off the list.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 03:20 PM   #3
Campbellj
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply! No, it hasn’t been unplugged since June. Just been sitting in my garage, however it has probably been unplugged for the last month if not a bit longer. For whatever reason it seems in the past when it would reach full charge and the charger turn off, I would never hear it on again until I physically unplugged it from the wall and plugged it back in. That being said I wasn’t ever constantly watching it. I have kept the water topped off. I am going to take a trip to my job and pick up my meter in just a bit.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:13 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Yes, the pack does sound depleted. And is that an OEM Powerdrive? If so, it will not cycle on and off as a smart charger would if you have it mounted on-board unless you unplug it and re-plug it.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:16 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And if it is low-voltage preventing the charger from activating, you should have 12v batteries, so just charge them one-by-one in the cart with your car charger and you will be good to go. Get them to 11v each and the Powerdrive will do the rest.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:01 PM   #6
Campbellj
Not Yet Wild

Yes, I went to work and got my multi meter. The pack was very low. *embarrassed to say how bad lol.*. Can’t believe the meter actually showed full. That’s what I had been going by. Like I said it has been unplugged for the last few weeks, but before that I had it plugged in since June until at least the end of August. I had been turning the key on once every week or so and thought they were still charged.

I don’t know if it’s a factory power drive. I bought it with it installed. If it doesn’t automatically cycle as the batteries lose charge, how often should I unplug it and plug it back in if I let my cart sit? Honestly it doesn’t get used that often anymore except for camping trips and take the kids to school and back. And of course they are not in school right now.

I have a 12v charger hooked up at the moment and charging each battery a bit to see if I can get the power drive to take over. What is a good battery meter y’all would recommend to make sure this doesn’t happen again? Thanks for all the responses!!
Old 10-24-2020, 08:37 PM   #7
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

https://www.ebay.com/itm/48V-Golf-Ca...72.m2749.l2649

From this seller:
http://www.ebaystores.com/Automotive-Authority-LLC

Recommended by Revolution.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 12:04 AM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbellj View Post
-snip-
I don’t know if it’s a factory power drive. I bought it with it installed. If it doesn’t automatically cycle as the batteries lose charge, how often should I unplug it and plug it back in if I let my cart sit? Honestly it doesn’t get used that often anymore except for camping trips and take the kids to school and back. And of course they are not in school right now.
I am not sure... If it is wired thru the OBC and working correctly, it should cycle the charger every 15 days. So either it is and the OBC has failed or it is hard wired to the pack and jumpered out (bypassed the OBC), but then it would not cut off on its own. Hard to say without looking at it. Maybe take a picture of the charger and the connections.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:37 AM   #9
Campbellj
Not Yet Wild

Now that I pulled the back panel off I can see a club car logo on the charger. So I will assume it’s factory as it also has a connector that is plugged into the wire harness. I did get the charger started last night around 10pm after charging each cell a bit, it was still on this morning around 9am still showing around 10-11 amps. I measured the pack and with the charger on it was at 54 volts. I went to the grocery store and when I got back the charger was off. Pack voltage was around 51.8. As of now, I let it sit for about an hour and pack voltage is 51.1. Cell 1 is 12.81, cell 2 is 12.75, cell 3 is 12.82 and cell 4 is 12.76.

Are those voltages close enough to not indicate a bad cell? I’m hoping I didn’t toast a battery letting them get that low. Should I go drive it for a bit now, measure it and put it back on the charger? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 170E0941-7464-4EB3-8920-EDCC4FFC87D5.jpg (298.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 806B1185-8C13-4032-A297-020F622D22D5.jpg (228.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-25-2020, 08:58 PM   #10
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That is an OEM PD1 and it appears it has the 3-wire connection and if it is starting and turning off on its own it is correctly wired into the OBC.

When you say "Cells", I am pretty sure you mean "Battery' as each cell (6 in each battery) would be around 2.12v/cell or 12.72v/battery.

Looks ok to me.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car