lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2021, 11:33 AM   #11
greg-g
Gone Wild

Default Re: Should I buy this Club Car?

maybe 1000 or 1300 alignment is off
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2021, 11:33 AM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

That headlight looks like it was full of water at some point..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 11:42 AM   #13
superfan86
Getting Wild
Club Car

More details, turns out the "aftermarket" motor is just an OEM. I guess he is including the install cost or something? Not sure how he got to $750...

So as it sits now it has a replacement OEM motor, the EJ8-4001A. The original (likely good) is also included in the sale.

Includes charger, batteries were replaced after the cart stopped working, so assumed "like new"

He is FIRM on $2300, which is where we have met after I offered $2000.

I know I can sell my EZGO this summer for $3000, so I'm still thinking this might be a nice upgrade for basically free.
superfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 01:25 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Personally, for 2300, I’d pass. For 1500 I’d still pass

The alignment is out. Way out. Either it was JUST lifted and not aligned, or it’s been rode hard and put away wet. Either one looks bad, if he just lifted it then I’d question the integrity of the rest of the installation. A blind man could eyeball the alignment better than that...

The headlight was definitely full of water. Those will need replaced. They’re not expensive but shows more likely to the “rode hard and out away wet”. Or flooded...

It is regen, not desirable compared to IQ.

The wires are garbage. And everything under the seat overall looks rough and not well cared for.

IT DOESNT RUN!!! It could be a wiring issue, or it could cost a thousand bucks to make it work. It’s a crap shoot.

And the big red flag is that EVERYTHING under the rear of the cart has been spray painted black. Including the “new” motor??? Rear end, brakes, frame, etc. the left axle tube looks pretty pitted... even overspray on the body from where they spray painted the bottom of the seat footrest.

The closer I look the more I’d not walk, but run in the other direction. I’d almost guarantee this is/was a flood cart. They clearly not only put lipstick, but blush, mascara, and everything else on this pig. There’s hookers with less makeup than I’m seeing here.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 01:47 PM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I think you’d be better off buying a junker from this guy, and putting a couple grand into building it to be a beast. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9652701842331/
Old 02-12-2021, 02:07 PM   #16
superfan86
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Personally, for 2300, I’d pass. For 1500 I’d still pass

The alignment is out. Way out. Either it was JUST lifted and not aligned, or it’s been rode hard and put away wet. Either one looks bad, if he just lifted it then I’d question the integrity of the rest of the installation. A blind man could eyeball the alignment better than that...

The headlight was definitely full of water. Those will need replaced. They’re not expensive but shows more likely to the “rode hard and out away wet”. Or flooded...

It is regen, not desirable compared to IQ.

The wires are garbage. And everything under the seat overall looks rough and not well cared for.

IT DOESNT RUN!!! It could be a wiring issue, or it could cost a thousand bucks to make it work. It’s a crap shoot.

And the big red flag is that EVERYTHING under the rear of the cart has been spray painted black. Including the “new” motor??? Rear end, brakes, frame, etc. the left axle tube looks pretty pitted... even overspray on the body from where they spray painted the bottom of the seat footrest.

The closer I look the more I’d not walk, but run in the other direction. I’d almost guarantee this is/was a flood cart. They clearly not only put lipstick, but blush, mascara, and everything else on this pig. There’s hookers with less makeup than I’m seeing here.
Good observations. I think you may be onto something. The cart is located in Downtown Charleston, where it is common for flooding to happen quickly and often.

He refused to let me come down and look at the cart without first agreeing on a price and to buy it, which was already giving me pause. I have a feeling a closer inspection would show that salt water had invaded it at some point.

He put a lot of work and money into new parts on that cart to give up with just a $300 part left to get it working.
superfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 02:14 PM   #17
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If he refused to let you look at it that is a huge flag. Don’t want to rain on your parade but...
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 02:24 PM   #18
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfan86 View Post
Good observations. I think you may be onto something. The cart is located in Downtown Charleston, where it is common for flooding to happen quickly and often.

He refused to let me come down and look at the cart without first agreeing on a price and to buy it, which was already giving me pause. I have a feeling a closer inspection would show that salt water had invaded it at some point.

He put a lot of work and money into new parts on that cart to give up with just a $300 part left to get it working.
Correct. Before I moved up to Michigan I bought a 2004ish cart in Charleston (or Hilton head, can’t remember now) for $50. It only went about motor deep but that was enough to make the cart worthless. Luckily I only wanted the front cowl and the roof (both were perfect) I’m quite familiar with water damages...

I can somewhat understand where he’s coming from about seeing it. Personally, I’ve had so many people waste hours of my time to find they don’t have the money “yet” or think they’re going to lowball in person and if they wave hundred dollar bills in front of my face, it’s going to change my mind. I got to the point that I’d tell people up front, there’s no pressure and I don’t care if they don’t want it, it’s not what they’re looking for, or whatever. It’s not going to hurt my feelings. But I’m very honest and open about any questions they want to ask. And after that, if they don’t have cash and a way to take it home If they like it, I’m not even taking it out of the garage. I always list my bottom price firm right up front, take it or leave it. I started unfortunately having to be that way after I had several people wasting my time trying to buy a cart that was already $1k less than every other one out there. And when someone said they wanted to leave me $300 until they could sell their shed to pay for the rest I was over it.

So I can feel where the guy is coming from there. But there’s far more than meets the eye here. And he’s definitely not telling the whole story. If it was flooded then chances are every wire and connector is garbage, motor, solenoid, controller, etc. also wondering if they painted the aluminum rear end to hide the pitting and chalky ness that comes when aluminum takes a swim in saltwater
Old 02-12-2021, 03:17 PM   #19
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

the front roof supports look tweaked too.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 06:05 PM   #20
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

He painted the motor on the rear end! LOL
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car