lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2010, 12:32 PM   #11
tikicart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: clutch puller & g1 mods

I have taken 0.030 off my head, widened the exhaust ports 2mm per side and raised the exhaust port 2mm, and opened the exhaust outlet up as much as I felt comfortable (I didn't measure it before or after) in addition I cleaned all of the casting flaws out of all of the ports. To really get the compression high you need to mill the jug. I am very happy with my performance, but I still am not 100% sure of my jetting, I need to order some more needles and jets to fine tune it. I was also thinking of o-ringing the head to eleimininate the head gasket since it is so thick, but I haven't got around to doing that yet. I have also been trying to figure out how big a bore I can do and still maintain enought cooling capacity, there seems to be a ton of sleeve to be bored, I would say a 3-5mmm bore could be safely done, but this is purely a educated guess.
tikicart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2010, 06:55 PM   #12
tikicart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Update, the shims removed earlier brought the sheaves to close to each other and now the belt drags, I removed 1/4" of shims. I will be messing with it more and will keep you posted.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:25 PM   #13
tony-g1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

keep it coming. this will help a lot when it warms up. going to get 8 to 10" of snow today.
tony-g1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:45 AM   #14
tikicart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I ended up putting most of the shims back, I only removed one 0.060 thick. This is probably not worth all of the effort, unless you are trying to squeeze every little bit out of your Comet 94C. If I had to do it again I would stick with the puck and spring tuning.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #15
MonstaG1Greer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

That carb an reeds help a lot, i got my stock carb jetted an the exhaust opened up, it helped a lot
MonstaG1Greer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:55 AM   #16
tony-g1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Not me
tony-g1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g1 pullers & pipes
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha