lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
punchy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Total Charge I - AC connections

Hello, found these forums while trying to track down a wiring diagram for an EZ-Go/Textron Total Charge I, but all I've been able to find is a diagram for the Total Charge III.

So our Total Charge I recently stopped working. After doing some research, I removed the case and looked around inside. First thing that immediately jumped to my attention was the white wire coming in from the AC cord wasn't attached to anything. On the charger, the grommet securing the AC cord in place is rotted out, so my only guess is that somebody tugged a little hard on the cord to get it to reach the outlet.

Anyway, there are several empty blade receptacles, and I have no idea which one the white wire goes to. Any help would be much appreciated. Guess I should also figure out a way to secure that cord so this doesn't happen again

punchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Total Charge I - AC connections

I have the same charger. I just changes that controller board. i am pretty the white power goes to the controller board with the yellow and other white wire is going into the black square thingy ....hell, let me go home and look at mine again. :-) The changer only works if it is connected to some batteries that are still good or have some charge still in them. took me a while to figure that out. If no else post an answer, I will try to get a picture up tonight.

joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #3
punchy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauistardog View Post
I have the same charger. I just changes that controller board. i am pretty the white power goes to the controller board with the yellow and other white wire is going into the black square thingy ....hell, let me go home and look at mine again. :-) The changer only works if it is connected to some batteries that are still good or have some charge still in them. took me a while to figure that out. If no else post an answer, I will try to get a picture up tonight.

joe
Cool man, I'd appreciate it a bunch! Completely jealous of your location, by the way, it's been a couple years since the wife and I have been to Maui
Old 02-02-2010, 12:39 AM   #4
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, here are the pics good thing I checked. the white power line coming from the plug cord goes to the back of the timer/on switch. next to and perpendicular to the black wire on the back of the timer nob.

hope the pics help and good luck. These chargers are heavy and pretty much and I think literally bullet proof

aloha
joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3251.jpg (110.3 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3252.jpg (99.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3253.jpg (93.7 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3254.jpg (114.5 KB, 41 views)
Old 02-02-2010, 07:46 AM   #5
rib33024

Nice pics Maui--
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #6
punchy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauistardog View Post
Ok, here are the pics good thing I checked. the white power line coming from the plug cord goes to the back of the timer/on switch. next to and perpendicular to the black wire on the back of the timer nob.

hope the pics help and good luck. These chargers are heavy and pretty much and I think literally bullet proof

aloha
joe

Awesome, awesome, awesome. Will have to take a look when I get home, but your pictures have given me a fighting chance! Will let you know how it goes
Old 02-02-2010, 10:28 PM   #7
punchy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well, as much as they are clearly wired differently, I took a leap and attached the wire to an open terminal that was connected to a black going to the transformer, a black going to the back of the dial itself, and the yellow, and it popped the fuse, so will have to try again tomorrow. That extra relay block is throwing me off.

I'll try and get some better pictures tomorrow if I get home before dark and it's not raining.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:33 AM   #8
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry to hear that. I see that extra relay box now in your pic now. I normally take the electrical problems to my dad who is a retire electronics tech with over 35 years experience. He is the one who figured out what was wrong with mine and which part I needed. I am more the MacGyver type. I would first figure out how far the wire would reach, then see if any of the blades have any scratches on them from the wire being pulled off. You also know, that some how power needs to go to the timer nob. If it is not directly attached to the timer nob like you say, than the power to nob must come from another source, most likely the second relay. See if there is a wire from the second relay to the timer nob.
good luck and sorry the pics did not help

joe
Old 02-03-2010, 01:07 PM   #9
punchy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

No no no, the pictures were great! I really appreciate it!

I have a feeling that, like most things around this place, something broke, so the previous owners just wonky-fixed it to make it work. Now I get to clean up the mess. Hah!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #10
punchy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It's alive! So despite the extra relay, the white wire goes to the same spot as yours. I just didn't see the spade terminal when i was poking around in the dark last night. Thanks again for the pictures! :)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO