lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
deerslayer
Not Yet Wild

Default Soon to be cart!

Picking this cart up hopefully this weekend, friend of mine made the offer to me for his mother, if I helped paint the first floor of her house I can have the cart. He says its all electric, needs batteries, has a spare motor, says possibly needs an actuator cleaned or something. Then just general fixing up. I figure for the price I couldnt pass it up. Have been thinking about a cart to use when we go camping, and will be nice to use hunting, riding around my families 120 acres of woods where we deer hunt. First priority will be getting it running, new batteries ect. Then as money progresses lift kit, tires ect. I was gonna camo it but after seeing such nice carts on here I may paint it a nice color, not sure yet but will see. This is the cart, bad cell pic, not sure about it being a 2001 by looking around here at the other carts I have seen, what do you guys think!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo0066.jpg (17.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0067.jpg (24.0 KB, 22 views)
deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2010, 02:15 PM   #2
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Soon to be cart!

That is a EZ GO Marathon. They stopped making that cart in 1994 or 1995. I have a 1992 model that I am planning on fixing up also. I am currently rebuilding a 1995 Medalist. It is the cart that replaced the Marathon. Goodluck with your repiars and there is plenty of knowledge floating around on this site. These guys are very helpful and without them don't think I would have attempted the rebuild on either of the carts that I have. Thanks BGW and good luck deerslayer.
oletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
deerslayer
Not Yet Wild

Are the marathons pretty decent? I have seen a few on here and I am still looking, looks as though I will be limited as to what lifts I can use. Would hate to put money in it and not be worth it, but then again a weekends worth of work and its mine so I shouldnt be out much until I start working on it
Old 11-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #4
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am no expeert on carts, but I see quite a few on here that are used for hunting. I plan on rebuilding my 92model that I payed $200 for. It will be for my wife and kids. I will keep the 95 Medalist for me. I beleive the Marathon can be a very good cart from what I have seen and read on here. I will have about $1700 in my Medalist and it will be on 23" tires with a 6" jakes spindle lift. converted to a 48 volt system with 480 amp controller and several other extras. I don't plan on winning any beauty contest with it, but it will be a beast in the hills and woods that I hunt. It all depends on what you want to do with the cart. You can add a little at a time. Good Luck.
oletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:14 PM   #5
dkscism
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey Your Marathon has a Rear SEAT!!!! I have been looking long and hard for one of these. Could you ask where they got the seat?
dkscism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #6
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

my Marathon runs 24 MPH on 36 volts, so yes, I would say they are decent carts. Don't expect a lot of "bling" to be readily available for it, but if you are patient and willing to spend a little $$ you can get most anything you want for the model.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:25 AM   #7
deerslayer
Not Yet Wild

Well thanks guys, I have a reputation of making something out of nothing. I figure for a weekends worth of light work to get the cart I couldnt go wrong. I have been looking at the lifts and tires, will prolly stripe it down pretty good and clean the under side up and paint it in john deer blitz black, gonna have to fight my daughter on the color for the top side. I can paint it a two stage color myself ect. Biggest expense will be the batteries. I think it will make a nice lil starter cart for use to take with our camper on weekends and run around the farm for deer hunting to give my ol 4 wheeler a break. Have gotten a few nice ideas from a few members carts here, Only problem is I think its gonna cost me lol, oh and dkscism, I can ask this weekend but I think it was on the cart when they got it!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO