lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
morey2213
Not Yet Wild

Default Motor set up from sitting 1989 Marathon

Hello, I have a 1989 Marathon it sat for a very long time and the motor WAS set up . I added some motor oil into the spark plug hole every other day and worked the clutch back and forth and got it free. I have about a total of 1/3 of a quart of oil in side the motor. Now that I have it freed up how do I get the oil back out that I put in the spark plug hole ? Will it hurt anything ? Thank you !
morey2213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2011, 12:01 PM   #2
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: Motor set up from sitting 1989 Marathon

Motor oil is not good for a 2-stroke engine. In hind-sight, you should have used 2-stroke oil. Motor oil doesn't burn well, and will gum up the inside.
If it was my cart, I'd remove the plug and crank the motor to try and get the oil out. If that didn't work, I'd try to dillute it by adding gasoline, then try again. Maybe several flushes with gasoline would get most of it out.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

thers a small hole in the side of the crankcase that either the fuel pump mounts to or an adapter to the fuel pump. i remove this and then pour something like pb blaster in the spark plug hole and work it a fair amount.

really good chance your ings are frozen and this may help while also diluting the oil and blowing it out. good luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00850.jpg (114.9 KB, 17 views)
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:04 PM   #4
morey2213
Not Yet Wild

Well , Dummy ME thought I would just change the oil when I freed it up not knowing you can't do that. ( HELLO ) But, i'm learning . Thank you for your advice I will do as you stated. Have a great day !
Old 01-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #5
morey2213
Not Yet Wild

I have to remove the fuel pump anyway because its not pulling gas out of the tank into the fuel filter as I can see when cranking over ( any ideas ? ) so I will try to use that PB Blaster as you stated . Thanks for the info.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #6
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

any ideas

See sticky top of Yamaha http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...fuel-pump.html

I would flush with gas, 2 strokes ran for years at 24to1 plain oil, the amount left in the
case may help on restart. It may cost you a spark plug.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #7
morey2213
Not Yet Wild

Thank you DOOmsman !
Old 01-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #8
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by morey2213 View Post
I have to remove the fuel pump anyway because its not pulling gas out of the tank into the fuel filter as I can see when cranking over ( any ideas ? ) so I will try to use that PB Blaster as you stated . Thanks for the info.
This might be as simple as the pump needing priming. After my rebuild I wrapped a shop rag around the fuel tank filler to create a seal and then blew hard. Look at your fuel filter to see when it is full and keep blowing until you think the fuel has reached the carburetor.

If this does not work then it is possible that the fuel pump diaphragm has split. The price of a repair kit is about the same as a new pump so I would suggest that the new pump is the way to go.

It is also possible that the pump does not work because the crankcase is not building up enough pressure which is generally caused by either worn seals or perished seals on an engine that has not been run for a while. Anyway that is a whole different story.
Good Luck
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:43 PM   #9
morey2213
Not Yet Wild

You were right Dave, Just need to be primed . Now , I truly want to thank everyone who had replied to my post ! This golf cart runs GREAT ! Everything is in working order ! I took it for a ride last night and no more smoke, just a touch from being a 2 stroke . I am very happy ! A little old lady had it and her husband passed away it sat for 5 years. 400.00 took it out of her yard and brought it back to life with your guys help ! So a big Thank you to all of you !
Old 01-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #10
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

way to go morey! told you it be fun.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO