lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2011, 09:16 PM   #11
dodgefather
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Pack question with radio

I only have two wires from the radio hooked up. The power wire to the + and the ground to the - of a different battery to get 12 volts. I do not have a memory wire that should be hooked up, do I
dodgefather is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2011, 09:20 PM   #12
EasyDoesItCustoms
Not Yet Wild

Almost every radio I have installed has had 3. A Red (Ignition/Switched), Yellow (Battery) and Black(ground). There should be a sticker on the radio with the pin out.
EasyDoesItCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:07 PM   #13
Chisoxguy13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I hooked the "antenna" the wire that supplies power when the radio is off and the + wire together and ran one wire to + and the ground to the - post. Just pop the faceplate off or turn the radio off to reduce the drain on the batts. If it's going to be sitting for a while I remove the inline fuse by the 12V battery and always throw the charger on the pack and the 12V every couple of weeks.
Chisoxguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #14
dodgefather
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys. I did hook up a switch to the power wire and mounted underneath the seat. Now when I dont want power going to the radio I just flip the switch. I did not hook it up to the ignition, I just went with power and ground. I am good with turning the radio off and on when I want it. thanks again.
dodgefather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #15
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

DF mine is hooked to the center 2 batteries and the problem I have is that the CD and music quit when I am accelerating. quite annoying. Even on full charge with one year old batts
ohmar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO