lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
reinman88
Gone Wild

Default Put on shorter belt

Since I have a very big hill I need to climb I decided to go with the shorter belt on my 99 workhorse.

Of course I immediately had to try it on the big hill to see what she'd do. Went up much faster then before. I could tell the biggest difference after I got up the hill. I have to stop and close a gate at the top. When I pull out onto the gravel road it is uphill, though not nearly as bad. But going from a standing start and having to go uphill right off the bat, I never could get any speed till a crested the hill and hit flat ground. Today with the shorter belt I picked up much more speed on the gravel road going up hill.

Can't say I see that much drop off on top end speed. Of course almost all of my driving is off road, which means if it's rough you can't go that fast anyway.

I bought my belt at my local dealer where I bought the cart. The first belt listed on the Tech sticky was the 22337 G1 which is what I ordered. I was back talking to one of the mechanics and he could not find that number in his book. When I picked up the belt up front it was the 27077 G02, which was the second belt listed on the sticky. So it may be possible the 22337 G1 is no longer available. I did notice the sticky says the 22337 is 41" long and the 27077 is 40 3/4" long. When I was looking at the mechanics book it listed the 27077 as 41" and the normal belt we use as 42".
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #2
sodamo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Put on shorter belt

That's great to hear. Our proerty has it's share of hills and I've been watchful how I take them and so far have avoided the steepest. I intend to make the belt change, 22337 belt in hand. Can't do any cart work just yet as I promised the wife to make significant progress on the drawers and trays for the kitchen cabinets. Last week, with her help we turned 17 sheets of plywood into a collection of about 330 smaller pieces
sodamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
reinman88
Gone Wild

When we keep the wife happy, we're usually happy too.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and take a video of the cart making it up the hill.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Good tale I got the same results on my 86. It's amazing what 7/8th inch difference can make.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:26 AM   #5
Aussie Workhorse
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well done Mate

Mine is still in a million pieces but am getting there, I just did the recover on my seats from some covers off ebay US and was very happy with the result.

Aussie
Aussie Workhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:31 PM   #6
rocknrone
Romans 1 : 16 Unashamed

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinman88 View Post
Can't say I see that much drop off on top end speed. Of course almost all of my driving is off road, which means if it's rough you can't go that fast anyway.
My cart runs the same speed with the stock belt or the shorter belt on it. I never lost 2 mph like everybody told me I would. I never had trouble shifting like a lot of guys said I would. Just lucky I guess! Oh yeah, it gets up to speed much faster with the shorter belt! I like it a lot!
rocknrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #7
reinman88
Gone Wild

I will have to say I can tell a difference when shifting, so I'm guessing it's a bit tight. Hopefully that will go away over time when the belt stretches a bit.

Here's a video of my trip up the hill. I turned around at the top to give an idea how big the hill is.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO