lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #11
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: New controller no go please help

For those who do not posess a 17/64" drill bit, 17/64 is 1/4 plus 1/64, so, you could use a 1/4" bit and leave some play in it to get 17/64". That's what I'll be doing this weekend at the campground when I adjust mine.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2011, 03:49 AM   #12
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I had the exact same issue when installing my 4855 yesterday. You should check to make sure the controller is set up for the EZGO ITS throttle. Mine was set up for 0-5K throttle. Had to hook it up to my laptop with the USB - DB9 connector and download the Controller Pro software from Alltrax's website (http://www.alltraxinc.com/Products_ControllerPro.html). Once I got Controller Pro to recognize controller (if it is in the cart it has to be powered on - key on and pedal depressed) I reset the throttle to ITS using Controller Pro.
benjylafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:11 PM   #13
Artate78
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It was the its settings took it to local cart shop they reset it. Now it has lots of tork but still only 12 mph . How fast should it go with stock motor and 500 amp controller and 1/0 wires has 22 " tire would do 12 mph with stock controller but had no tork at all
Artate78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:47 PM   #14
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: New controller no go please help

You want see any change in top end. I suggest you get your motor done @ PQ or someplace before that 500 amps smokes your motor. If you put that stock motor in a bind and it keeps asking for amp's it's going to smoke the motor. No doubt about it!
The controller will regulate the amp's to the motor, but if you have a big amp controller on a stock motor then it will provide as many amps as it wants to it.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #15
eadavis
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I am sure you are right Andy you know alot more about carts then I do but I was under the understanding that the motor is what demands the current from the controller not the controller putting what it can to the motor but either way you need to upgrade motor like plum quick or add volts.
eadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:19 PM   #16
wizardket
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Amps = Torque
Volts = Speed
wizardket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:52 PM   #17
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: New controller no go please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by eadavis View Post
I am sure you are right Andy you know alot more about carts then I do but I was under the understanding that the motor is what demands the current from the controller not the controller putting what it can to the motor but either way you need to upgrade motor like plum quick or add volts.
You are corrct in your statement sir.

OK,
say you have a stock motor that is rated at 300 amps for 60 minutes to run safely.
Your stock controller is rated below this say at 250 amps which happens to be a stock controller. You put the cart in a bind all the controller will feed it is 250 amps so to keep it from burning up the motor.
Now you just install a 500amp controller in the cart. Take it back to that dang hill it wouldn't climb before. You get going and about half way up you start smelling something burning, the controller has maxed out the stock motor and it just keeps pumping amp to it because your foot is on the go pedal!!!!! Motor is toast but you made it halfway up the hill!
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO