lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #11
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

Default Re: G2/G9 ideas

I just spent all day yesterday making brackets to drop & move back the swing arm on my G9. If there was a kit out there to do it, I would of much rather of bought it. My cart had the treadplate side plates on it when I bought it, previous owner did a pretty good job making them... I like it ! It would be nice to find something to replace the ugly covers on the back of my seats, but haven't seen anything yet.
Dlcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2011, 08:16 PM   #12
traceman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry79 View Post
ive seen almost all that except the side pillars. ebay has a nice floor, and rocker panel kit for around 130............while your machining, alot of us bought beer tap handles for shift levers for our carts, but they dont make adapters, you think you could come up with one?

If you could send me the lever and the tap I could make it work. I was looking at mine today and don't see no problem modifying it.
traceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:00 AM   #13
traceman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlcain View Post
I just spent all day yesterday making brackets to drop & move back the swing arm on my G9. If there was a kit out there to do it, I would of much rather of bought it. My cart had the treadplate side plates on it when I bought it, previous owner did a pretty good job making them... I like it ! It would be nice to find something to replace the ugly covers on the back of my seats, but haven't seen anything yet.

So why did you drop and move back your swingarm? Just curious as to the advantage of it.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:54 AM   #14
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

When I put the 22" Tires on they were rubbing the rocker panel, so I moved the swingarm back to center it in the wheel well (common problem when lifting this cart) by moving it down a few inch's it helps level the engine back out and I can acualy see oil on the stick now.
Dlcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:34 PM   #15
jwhranger
Gone Wild

How about a front bumper with a 2" hitch receiver so I can put a removable winch mount up there, be nice to have it look cool with a place to put some kc lights. I have no welder, and would probably end up welding the cart to the welder somehow...so its a good thing I don't.

(G9)

Last edited by jwhranger; 05-17-2011 at 09:34 PM.. Reason: Specify Cart Model
jwhranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:06 PM   #16
dcdoc45
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

How about billet spacers with the ability to adapt different wheel stud holes with other rims. For instance, the G9/G2 has 4" bolt pattern and I need an adapter for 4 1/2" inch rims off a yamaha rhino.
dcdoc45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:01 AM   #17
traceman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdoc45 View Post
How about billet spacers with the ability to adapt different wheel stud holes with other rims. For instance, the G9/G2 has 4" bolt pattern and I need an adapter for 4 1/2" inch rims off a yamaha rhino.
Well that sounds easy enough. Will you be able to deal with the increased width the spacers would cause?
Old 05-18-2011, 08:05 AM   #18
traceman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlcain View Post
When I put the 22" Tires on they were rubbing the rocker panel, so I moved the swingarm back to center it in the wheel well (common problem when lifting this cart) by moving it down a few inch's it helps level the engine back out and I can acualy see oil on the stick now.
I will have to look at how all that goes together on mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhranger View Post
How about a front bumper with a 2" hitch receiver so I can put a removable winch mount up there, be nice to have it look cool with a place to put some kc lights. I have no welder, and would probably end up welding the cart to the welder somehow...so its a good thing I don't.

(G9) .
Well I am more of a machinist than a welder. I will think on that one when I get to that phase of my cart build. I have to build a roll cage and rear seat. Never done a cage but will give it a shot.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #19
dcdoc45
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceman View Post
Well that sounds easy enough. Will you be able to deal with the increased width the spacers would cause?
Actually I need the increased witdth. The tires are 25x12x8 rear and 25x12x7 front (going by memory I'll have to double check this evening after work) so that shouldn't be a problem.
dcdoc45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #20
kwh3rd
Getting Wild

Yamaha

hey traceman I was wondering if you ever thought about making a drop and lowering kit for a swing arm.I have a Yamaha g-16 and with my lift and tires my motor doesn't sit level and the rear wheels rub on the front of the fender wells sometimes. Some kind of modified shackle or something would lower it 4 in. and move it back 3 in. Since my accident I became permanently disabled and cant fab up parts anymore or really use my welder. I know alot of people out there are looking for a bolt kit and would get in line to buy one. I know I would. My cart is my primary mode of transportation . I would greatly appreciate it if you would consider making one for me. I looked at your work and I am very impressed. Thanks
kwh3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha