lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
vinceb56
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 86 ez go advice stalling no power

Heading back to the campground this weekend where I have my cart. It is currently down with loss of power and seems to be flooding. Carb, all jets cleaned thoroughly, reed valves ok, etc. Please anyone out there guide me to the answer. Id love to be able to get the season out of this baby and then do a top end rebuild afterward. PM me anything Im desperate

Thank you in advance
vinceb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
sharse36
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 86 ez go advice stalling no power

check the fuel pump, Their might be a hole in the diaphragm, which would pump gas right into the motor. If it does have hole just get a new fuel pump, a new one is cheaper then rebuilding the old one. Hope this helps
sharse36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:51 AM   #3
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

I agree with sharse36 but I have also had issues with 2 stroke spark plugs. It seems like once they crap out no amount of cleaning saves them so it may be worth replacing it.

In addition, if it runs OK when cold and then bogs down when it is hot, this maybe a symptom of a blocked up muffler. An easy test is to loosen the two bolts between the pipe and the muffler to create a half inch gap and then go for a run. If this resolves the issue then you need to BBQ the muffler.

Good luck
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

what campground you at? have you checked compression? how about crank seals? how did you clean carb? did you tear it apart and and clean every hole in every jet and use a compressor to blow thur every opening and port? if not thats kinda how you need to do it...............
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:58 AM   #5
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

for the record, to check the crank seals, jack the cart up and get a buddy to help you, while you run the cart at a steady low speed have them spray some wd40 or carb cleaner at the rear of the engine where the crankshaft exits, and again at the front (pretty much anywhere into the fan intake) - if either results in an increase in RPM's, that seal is leaking and needs to be replaced. Also, there are 4 crucial jet assemblies that require cleaning in a 2-stroke EZGO, if you need, I can upload a diagram with the usual suspects circled to make life easier
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:22 PM   #6
vinceb56
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Steamboat Landing in DE yes carb was tore down and gone over thoroughly, crank seals not yet and am planning on doing a compression test this weekend. thanks for the help keep firing ideas I am useless when it comes to this. Thanks again
Old 05-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #7
vinceb56
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

yes there are 2 large and 2 small diaphragms in the pump all are good. When I remove the exit side hose I got hit in the eye lol. so I believe pump is good thanks. Anymore advice greatly appreciated
Old 05-26-2011, 12:27 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinceb56 View Post
Steamboat Landing in DE yes carb was tore down and gone over thoroughly, crank seals not yet and am planning on doing a compression test this weekend. thanks for the help keep firing ideas I am useless when it comes to this. Thanks again
this is how we learn.......i knew nothing about golfcarts when i touched my 1st one and now i repair hundreds of carts every summer.....gas,elec, 36 volt 48 volt , C.C,s E-Z go,s yamy,s harly D,s you name it.......and i still have a ton to learn but with some service manuals and trial and lots of error,s i don,t do to bad most of the time.....have to say i do like elec over gas though.................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO