lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #11
BigEd358
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 1987 Marathon Gas Cart - I'm out of idea's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by racin161 View Post
Ignition switch ? Just a thought
It's brand new, was the first item I replaced. I do have the original one in case i run out of ideas. :)
BigEd358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2011, 03:41 PM   #12
BigEd358
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
your soleniod mounting tabs are they metel or do they have those plastic sleeves on them? if they are metel make sure where its mounted to cart body that its a very clean surface.......i ran into this one time with an old e-z where it ended up just being the mounting surface for soleniod...........................
I replaced the solenoid just a month ago. This one comes with the plastic sleeves but they are not removable. If I run out of idea's I could always run a ground wire. I'm going to rebuild the ignition switch wires and see if that does the trick first.

Thanks for all of the feedback! Once I get this buggie to turn over, I'm sure everyone on the forum will hear me screaming from my garage.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #13
BigEd358
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Ok, checked the wires and they are all good. I'm thinking that it's the wiring diagram I'm using. I've located several diagrams, all were telling me it was for a 1987 marathon. As you can see, each one is slightly different. So, let me open it up to the group to let me know which one is correct. The first diagram is the one that the buggie is currently connected as.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 89wiring8qq.jpg (66.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 78E-Z-GO_Gas.jpg (74.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg ezgo-gas-wiring-diagram-81-88.jpg (114.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg ezgo-gas87wiringdiagram.jpg (44.2 KB, 12 views)
Old 06-15-2011, 08:54 PM   #14
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Number 3 is the same as I use for my 86.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #15
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

aaaaaaand number one is working beautifully on my '88 ... No help here, sorry!

ALTHOUGH - I bought a solenoid last year from a non-sponsor site (BU) and they sent me the plastic-isolated type ... I jazzed around with it for quite awhile, tried grounding it, etc and I finally gave up and bought another, good old fashioned metal-to-metal grounded style (like the original) and that fixed my problem - might be worth the $20 just to be safe
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:51 AM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
aaaaaaand number one is working beautifully on my '88 ... No help here, sorry!

ALTHOUGH - I bought a solenoid last year from a non-sponsor site (BU) and they sent me the plastic-isolated type ... I jazzed around with it for quite awhile, tried grounding it, etc and I finally gave up and bought another, good old fashioned metal-to-metal grounded style (like the original) and that fixed my problem - might be worth the $20 just to be safe
thats just what i,m talking about.......it may just be the plastic tab soleniod.........i also tried running a ground no good.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:27 PM   #17
BigEd358
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Box View Post
. If no then the 12 volt path is open. So from the battery positive you have a fat wire to the solenoid and from there a thin wire to the ignition switch. The other side of the switch goes to the microswitch on the throttle and the other side of that goes to the solenoid. Somewhere along that line is a break.

Keep us posted
Dave
I GOT THE BUGGIE RUNNING!!

I tried two different soleniods (with and without the isolators), different wiring diagrams, but it was Dave's instructions above that was the solution. The wiring diagram I used (#1) had a single wire going from the ignition switch to the neutral limit switch. So I decided to follow Dave's instructions by having the single wire from the ignition switch to the throttle limit switch. When I hit the gas peddle it finally turned over. Since she has good compression I hooked up the fuel line, the motor pulled gas very nicely and she started right up. :)

Next, I'm going to tidy up the wiring with zip ties, install the throttle cable, choke and finally take the buggie for a ride!

Thanks to everyone on this forum who helped out (especially Dave - You Da Man) I really appreciate it!

I'll keep post some photos and video very shortly.

Ed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO