lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #11
landers96
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: ez no go

I can give a BIG HELL YEA to all of it! I have gas spurting out of the line going to the carb, checked at night and have great spark and no spark leakage. I have sprayed wd 40 around the carb and shaft and it didn't do anything different. I have checked the pulser coil and have 154 ohms across it. I have sprayed gas/oil mix in the spark plug hole to see if it would fire, nothing. I have pulled all 3 grounds, twice, and cleaned and sanded to bare metal. I can't even get a back fire. It sounds like it wants to run, it just won't fire. Any other suggestions? please.......I am completely lost here, I've done everthing suggested and I can think of, besides torching the **** thing. Let me know what you guy's think my next step should be, thanks
landers96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2011, 08:18 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Did you happen to check the plug right after trying to start it and see if it is wet ? I had a plug one time that would fire out in the open but would not fire under compression.. It was on a weed eater but same theory. Or is it possible the spark timing is wrong ?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #13
landers96
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I've put in 2 brand new plugs, one champion and one autolite. Timing shouldn't be an issue, i have 154 ohms on the pulser coil and from what I've read that good and the engine could be as much as 20 degree's out and still fire. I could be wrong though. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. thank you
landers96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:09 PM   #14
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

allright - let's look at a couple of "longshots" here. First, set your DMM to the lowest AC setting and hook it up to the red and blue pulsar wires, turn it over and read the meter - you should be getting between .8 and 1.2-ish VAC out of the pulsar (it's rare - but actually happened to me - that a pulsar ohms out OK and is in actuality not working correctly, mine was giving me sparks like crazy but just not when they were needed).

Assuming that's OK, go ahead and split the muffler from the headipe and let it hang so you have a gap (you'll get about 1/2" without having to loosen the muffler mounts) - try it then, there's an outside chance your muffler could be blocked (which is actually somewhat common in these 2-strokes).

FINALLY (and this one isn't likely but it's happened) you're going to want to pull the flywheel and check the key, sometimes they break or ? which allows the flywheel to slip, screwing your timing irreversibly - while you're in there you can double-check the pulsar while you're at it for position, etc so all of that would be eliminated at once, prob take about an hour.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO