lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
j12racer
Not Yet Wild

Default 89 g2 help please

hey guys i took my g2 out the other day and played 3 holes then saw a storm coming in and took it back to the garage luckily didnt get rained on.... so today i go out and try to go to the pro shop and my cart wont go. it is hard to get started then when it does get started it will barley roll. i just took the govener off last week and thats the only thing ive done to it since ive had it. but its just acting like it wont go kinda like its bogged down and wont pick up enough rpm or speed to go . . any help is appreciated . thanks guys
j12racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
j12racer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 89 g2 help please

bad news good news then even worse news. bad news number one. i didnt completely check the cart out before i made this thread. my bad...... good news it runs..... even worse news it runs only with the air filter out because theres oil in the air box..... help pleaase lol.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Is your oil overfilled? If so, it will blow the excess into the air cleaner box and soak your filter.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:44 PM   #4
j12racer
Not Yet Wild

good point..ill check that asap. the oil was changed by a golf cart shop just last week so i dont think they would have over filled it but you never know about that shop. thanks for the quick response.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #5
j12racer
Not Yet Wild

oil is not over filled. omg i have another tee time tomoro i dont want to have to rent a dang cart lol.. any other idea? thanks guys
Old 08-15-2011, 03:09 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The oil fill cap says 1qt in big letters for very good reason. You have to clean out the mess and put a new filter in if it got soaked, sometimes the foam will save the paper part sometimes not. Then go thank them for putting too much oil in. 1qt usually is just under the full line and if the cart is lifted it might only show half full (half the normal range) when its full with one qt in it. I know of no other reason they will blow oil, not saying it is not possible. You can leave the hose off the airbox for a while to make sure it is not blowing oil. More RPM with the governor off could have helped, but it would have to had been overfilled to start with. I have run since 99 with no governor and 1qt of oil never had a problem in a G9, or another G2 there and other G9s.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:16 AM   #7
j12racer
Not Yet Wild

oil is good. to over filled. cart is not lifted only had te govenor off for a day . i was really easy on the pedal so i wouldnt over rev it to much. but still got oil in the airbox.
any other ideas???? thanks for the advice given already as well.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

There is a valve they say to clean out once in a while not sure what it does for oil flow. It is on the cylinder towards the gas tank, metal line and rubber coupler. Keep it the right way it is a one way valve like a pvc valve on a car. Blow it out with carb clean and make sure it rattles free inside.

I just did a cart that was overfilled. I changed the oil and put a quart in, put new filter in after cleaning everything out. Airbox is not that hard to remove. I left the hose off and no oil came out after some use so I put it back on.

You could remove the rocker cover on top and make sure it is clean in there, that the return holes are fully open for the oil to go back down. Make sure you seal that cover well or oil will leak out on the fins and plug them with dirt and you will have a very hot running cart.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:45 AM   #9
j12racer
Not Yet Wild

Hey sho305 would you happen to have some pics of the valve thing.. this cart does run very hot BTW. Thanks for your time
Old 08-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #10
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by j12racer View Post
Hey sho305 would you happen to have some pics of the valve thing.. this cart does run very hot BTW. Thanks for your time
I don't think so, but from memory if you look at the fuel pump find the hose to the engine. It goes to a tee, the hose going up goes to the valve thing, after the valve a metal line goes to the top rocker cover.

Go here
http://www.tntgolfcar.com/yamparts.php?diagramid=536
#20 is what you are looking for. Get it back in the same direction it only flows one way. I don't know if this is your problem, but was told me by the dealer once.

You could also remove the rocker cover (on top of engine with hoses going into it) and make sure it is clean in there, the oil return holes are open. If you do make sure you clean it with carb clean/etc and reseal the gasket. It will leak oil down into the fins and plug them up eventually. I like to use permatex indianhead for old gaskets long as they don't fall apart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha