lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #11
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 6.07v at ea batt./charger wont start??

worked on co workers cart and now on mine. I have no idea what fixed it. I did spray the charging contact on the cart with some cleaner. I had 36.7v there tonight and it clicked on. I'm glad I'm bald cause I would have pulled my hair out on this one.
cableguy_hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2011, 07:26 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Probably some crud on the Aux, Contact in the charger's plug or on the Neg. post in the Cart's charger receptacle, or both.
Contact cleaner and plugging it in a few times scraped away the crud.

Good to hear that it's working now.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:28 AM   #13
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: 6.07v at ea batt./charger wont start??

As stated in PM, take both connection apart and clean terminals good. This will ensure good connections in the future.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:46 AM   #14
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

well after some maintance the charger wont come on again. I change the radock connections on the cart, connectors on the wires from cart to batteries. Have 37v at port. Charger will not start again. The clicking Andy and Johnny B talked about would that be from the contact on the neg. side of charging plug and would I hear it from inside the charger itself?
Old 01-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes the click is the sound of a relay (inside the charger) closing when it is connected to proper voltage. This is a safety device. It may be that the cord end is worn and contact is poor. Plug the charge in FULLY and lift up on the handle, hold it there for 30 seconds... does the charger Click? Usually new radsoks fixes this problem, but you said you installed new soks??? Could be then that the relay is getting old and not responding.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The "click" is the relay inside the charger that connects AC power to the primary of the transformer.

You should hear that relay click about 3-5 seconds after the charger cable is plugged into the cart whether the charger is connected to AC power or not.

If the relay does not click, either the charger is not sensing the battery pack or the charger's control board is bad.

Unplug the charger from AC power.
Open charger - Be very careful with the big capacitor. It will bite you hard if given a chance.
Plug charger cable into cart - Do not plug charger into AC Power
Measure voltage between big white wire in output cable (+) and smallest of the three wires in the output cable (-).
If you don't read battery pack voltage, it is a broken wire or bad contact.
If you do read battery pack voltage, the charger's control board is bad.

Again, do not plug charger into AC Power while doing this test.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #17
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

HOT ****... It was the contact on the neg side of charger plug. I opened the plug and bent it out a little cause it looked like it couldn't make contact the way it was and wahlah....it cliked! thanks to all for the advice
Old 01-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #18
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Cool! I'm glad you found it! The simple stuff can drive you crazy! I had an issue with intermittent operation on a Total Charge, and it turned out to be a bad DC cord. It would hit and miss and the way I found it was quite by accident. The charger was plugged in to both the cart and the AC outlet. I picked it up to move it and viola! On it came! I moved both the AC and DC cords just a little and it turned out that where the DC cord entered the charger, the wire had broken inside. You could see nothing wrong at all by looking at it! Any time you get a no go charger, I would do a wire wiggle test! The DC side seems to have all the issues. Probably because of the current involved. The plugs and receptacles seem to go bad oftener too, again my guess would be higher current.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Glad to hear you found and fixed it.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #20
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well , now I put a new control board in and she's purring like a champ. Hope i'm done with this part of the puzzle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO