lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
hotbike
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 starting and running problem

hey i got a g1 cart that has to have choke pulled most of time to start and it has very little low speed meaning that it runs pretty good at close to full throttle and quits at little throttle it wont go slow it will just quit running
i have cleaned carb several times and sprayed starting fluid at seals to see if they were leaking and it would not start when sprayed what could be problem wore out carb?
hotbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2012, 08:16 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: G1 starting and running problem

Welcome to BGW

Has this cart ever run good since you owned it ???, need to do a compression test, and you say you cleaned the carb?? does that mean you took the carb ALL apart and cleaned all the passages in the carb? are you running the stock air cleaner on the carb
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
hotbike
Not Yet Wild

the cart wasnt running when i got it had bad coil and i had to clean carb then too to get it running from setting so long and yes i took the carb off
removed jets air screw and so on and sprayed out passages in carb body best as i could and cleaned jets and needle valve also
no i havent done a compression test
Old 01-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
hotbike
Not Yet Wild

also running stock air cleaner
Old 01-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

That is usually bad seals is there oil leaking out of them after run for a while? Can also be bad piston or reeds but mostly is seals and if bore is worn bad they hardly run except at higher rpm...have low power output. Also check the carb boot for cracks and leaks.

Comp test will tell you about rings but will not show comp in the crank very well, which is what leaks out with bad seals. You can change them in the cart there are posts here about it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #6
hotbike
Not Yet Wild

the cart had been running at low speed fine but now it wont i sparyed starting fluid around seals while cranking it and it would not try to start
i have checked the carb boot several times and took reeds out and they look fine too but i have noticed there is not much suction at back of carb when its cranking like when u use your hand to choke it
i just been thinking carb is junk
Old 01-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Also try poking a wire/etc up the exhaust I had one that plugged and would not run. You can pull the pipe loose from the engine as well to test. Did you try a new plug if it will not fire at all?
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #8
hotbike
Not Yet Wild

yea put new plug in it
pipe is open drill big hole in pipe before muffler just to see now i have to weld it back up
the cart runs its just hard to start and wants to run wide open
but dies at low speeds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha