lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
buzzmanc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Confused cart

Put in a new HD cam last week in my 99 series. Once in the reverse buzzer would sound even in forward until I went back towards reverse about 1/4". I could make that work but it has now gotten worse. It is always sounding now and creeps in forward because I am using the half speed reverse. Another way around it is to unhook the buzzer and the half speed reverse, but that is hard on the neck with the takoff of the 400 amps. Is this a microswitch issue? I have tightened and loosened the nut on the FR with no results. Both micros click when engaged but it does not seem that the cam engages them enough. Any help would be appreciated by my whiplash!
buzzmanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Confused cart

Tighten 'Nut B' until it just bottoms out. Any less and you are playing with a potential loose contact which could result in arcing and consequential damage. So do that first. Then lets figure out what is causing the whiplash you mention!?
Do you know how your controller is programmed? Can you post the Controller program? There are some program choices that could result in a hard start... or you could have a mismatch between the cart throttle signal and the control program.
I include a printout of the controller program with each upgrade package I send out just for these types of questions... DO you have anything like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lee3.jpg (94.4 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #3
buzzmanc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Confused cart

I have the nut tight, not so tight that I cannot turn it. I did get the controller from you but I do not see the printout that you are referring to. I will check again to see if it is on the bench where I have been tooling. It did work perfect so I do not think it is a programming thing. Seems to me that the micro is not getting depressed enough to take it out of reverse and turn the buzzer off. I can depress the micro with my finger and get it to work exactly as I want it to. Hopefully I did not break something as I turned it once and it just stopped working the way that it was previously.

Chris
buzzmanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO