lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2012, 10:49 PM   #11
lithoman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: activate the controller (stupid question)

nuk nuk nuk...wise guy hey.... I'll murdr ya

BGW...or... anyone on this forum, ... BGW itself, is/are NOT responsible for your actions in the result of using, or, misusing this information that may cause possible damage to yourself, your property, or someone else!
lithoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2012, 05:02 AM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Hey, I'm a Curley fan! Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

Curley was the original break dancer! Woop woop woop woop woop.

I was just pointing out that there was a time that we were entertained by violence in movies and TV, even up to the Bugs Bunny, Road Runner era. Now we gotta be careful of what we say on these fora.

Don't give a to the Mods, I would suggest that they consider adding a disclaimer to every post. I've seen good advice ignored, causing parts failure. It's a wonder they weren't blamed for those failures.

I live in a world where email disclaimers got so bad that they basically said that anything stated in their emails is purely the opinion of the poster, and is no way binding on the firm.

Came as a knee-jerk response to a non-PC email being sent to outside folks. I told them that if they don't change their disclaimer, I'd have to either terminate their contract or go back to stone tablets and chisels (memoranda).

Again, we live in a different era.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:46 AM   #13
lithoman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's a shame that (most) people wont take responsibility for their own actions anymore. Always looking for someone to blame. Its the not my fault mentality.(pussafaction of America)

I look at it this way....if i mess something up based on what i read here, its my fault. I should not take for granted everything i read is fact.
I guess I am old school.

My guess is your occupation might be in the Law field?

Anyway I do understand your point, its just a shame that this is what we have become.

Bring back the Stooges
Old 06-01-2012, 08:50 AM   #14
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithoman View Post
I should not take for granted everything i read is fact.
WAIT!! I thought EVEYTHING on the internet WAS fact?
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #15
lithoman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, the jumper worked great.

I have a few questions on programing.

1- I see max output current was set at 100%. Since I am running 36v for now, shouldnt I set it to 80% to protect the motor till I upgrade to 48v?

2-Brake current is set to 65%, but I see that plug braking is not checked.
should it be set to zero or since it is not checked, it has no effect?

3- Why can't we have a custom Throttle Response setup, I see it is grayed out.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I forgot what controller you have, but I fed my stock 36 volt motor 48 volts with 80% of 500 amps for months. The main thing to worry about is overheating the motor, so I now have a temp sensor, and cranked it up to 100%. Under normal driving in our hills subdivisions, I can do one complete lap and just hit the danger temp of 167°, and that's with no passengers. On weekends, I may do multiple laps with passengers and rest time in between. If the warning light stays on too long, I just turn it off. (disclaimer: this is a sure way to kill your motor). I'm probably gonna upgrade my motor soon.

As to my profession, I administer design and construction contracts, so I deal with contracts every day, which makes me an amateur lawyer. Contracts can easily be written in a way that makes provisions unenforceable, and incorrect management can make portions unenforceable, if you waive them some times, then try to enforce them when it suits you.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

As to the throttle curve, I haven't played with this, but Alltrax has two different utilities, ControllerPRO and Toolkit. Maybe what you want is in the other? Haven't played with them in a while.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO