lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
deerhunter88
Getting Wild

Default wiring new controller and solenoid???

I have an AXE 500 amp controller and was wondering if you professionals out there just cut the factory wire harness off (red orange black and white wires)and put some connectors on them to connect to the controller or is there a plug i forgot to buy?

Also have a new MZJ -400 Solenoid that looks completely diff that the factory. how do i know what side the 2 small red wires off the factory wireharness connect to and im sure its the opposite side for the small black wire off the wire harness and small black wire off b-. Also what side of the solenoid does the 2 gauge cable from B+ off the controller connect to and the 2 gauge cable from the battery connects to the other side im guessing.

The controller only mounted to the factory plate with the two screws in the middle of the mounting plate. Will this suffice?
Any help is appreciated
deerhunter88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: wiring new controller and solenoid???

What year cart?, and drive system?
to two small wires on the solenoid does not matter which side you put them on, just make sure the ban on the diode is on the POS + side
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter88 View Post
I have an AXE 500 amp controller and was wondering if you professionals out there just cut the factory wire harness off (red orange black and white wires)and put some connectors on them to connect to the controller or is there a plug i forgot to buy?

I cut mine off and added 4 spade connectors. No problems.

Quote:
Also have a new MZJ -400 Solenoid that looks completely diff that the factory. how do i know what side the 2 small red wires off the factory wireharness connect to and im sure its the opposite side for the small black wire off the wire harness and small black wire off b-. Also what side of the solenoid does the 2 gauge cable from B+ off the controller connect to and the 2 gauge cable from the battery connects to the other side im guessing.

Soleoids are not polarity sensitive, just keep the wires, diode, and resistor in the same orientation as they were before.

Quote:
The controller only mounted to the factory plate with the two screws in the middle of the mounting plate. Will this suffice?
Yes, those two screws will be fine.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:40 AM   #4
deerhunter88
Getting Wild

Im pretty sure my cart is a 2007.
Of course the cover doesnt fit over the new controller. Should i make a cover for it or is it good just mounted to the factory plate
deerhunter88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #5
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

No need for a cover over the controller. The Alltrax controllers are water proof.
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:56 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Alltrax doesn't say their control is waterproof. Potted in resin and water resistant, yes. Also the Alltrax needs more air to dissipate the addition heat it will generate passing more amperage to the system. Toss the old cover out!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:00 AM   #7
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Alltrax doesn't say their control is waterproof. Potted in resin and water resistant, yes. Also the Alltrax needs more air to dissipate the addition heat it will generate passing more amperage to the system. Toss the old cover out!
I should have said water resistant. The point is its fine without a cover.
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowslayer View Post
I should have said water resistant. The point is its fine without a cover.
Without the cover is mandatory.
It will over heat with the cover on it.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO