lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2008, 10:33 PM   #11
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Need New Batteries - What brand?

EVERY SINGLE BATTERY I have ever bought from Sams or Walmart never lasted more than a few months. (guess I''m too hard on them) The first (and Last) set of cart batts I bought from walmart lasted all of 3 months. Never, Never will I do that again.

If you buy those crap batteries PLEASE DO NOT COME BACK HERE asking for help when they crap out on you. It happens all the time here. Someone goes out and buys the cheapest battery (sometimes a 12 volt car battery) and wonders why their batteries go dead after 10 minutes of riding. THERE IS a difference in batteries and to get the better part of the difference it will cost money.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2008, 06:24 AM   #12
larrys
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: Need New Batteries - What brand?

You know I'm not rich like some of you sound I don't need to take a loan to buy new batteries, to me I can spend 500 every 3 years better than 1000 all at once works out the same just easier on my budjet. Just my opinion and everybody seems to have one.
larrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:28 AM   #13
larrys
Not Yet Wild

Roady don't worry about it I'm deleting my account, too many ****** people on this site and a lot of other sites the people are nice.
larrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:31 AM   #14
spdstr158
Not Yet Wild

new to this site but right up my alley. I work for a bettery distributor in myrtle beach delivering golf car batteries. We sell both trojan and exide and a trojan t 875 will give a runtime of about 15 min more than an exide. If you have to choose and money is a little tight at least stay with the exide but your best bet is the trojan. Also trojans come with an 18 month warrenty versus the 12 month exide. well worth the money. And yes you said it exact, maintenance is the key. Whatever you go with be sure to charge them first then add water, if you do this in reverse it will boil the water out and lose years of runlife.
spdstr158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:35 AM   #15
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrys View Post
Roady don't worry about it I'm deleting my account, too many ****** people on this site and a lot of other sites the people are nice.
I have no idea what your talking about. I wasn't talkin to you. Others will tell you the same thing so take it however you want. I was simply stating a fact that other people agree with, not singling you out for any reason. You are right about one thing...everyone has an opinion and everyone is free to express it here......even ME!

Last edited by roady89; 08-01-2008 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: p.s. You can't delete your own account.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:48 AM   #16
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrys View Post
Somebody is edgy.... Good advice is not always advice you want to hear or agree with. Get over yourself.
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:02 AM   #17
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Chill, you guys!

Look... (Based on my personal experience)

3 1/2 years ago, I picked up my 1st cart, a 98 48V CC,
it had the original Trojans in it, and they had seen their best times!
Now... I checked with my CC dealer, and at the time, Trojans were going for $89.00 each,
but, He's 40 miles away... so I checked with my local Batteries Plus store,
They wanted $125.00 each, I told them about the price that my CC dealer gave me,
And they matched it! and off I went with 6 new 8V batteries and I didn't have to drive 40 miles to get them!

Now... I've maintained them very well, and they are still doing well!

BUT...
Had I known then... what I know now... I would have taken the drive!

There's a reason why most cart manufacturers, use Trojan batteries in their carts... I just didn't know it then...

They are just a better battery for golf cars!

My 2 cents!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:55 AM   #18
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Lockman....I didn't mean to come off sounding like an arsehole in that post. I was simply stating facts as we all know it. (The ones who have learned that there is a difference in golf cart batteries.) A good battery cost more money, a cheap battery will cost MORE in the long run. (fact) It's has nothing to do with being "rich" because trust me, I am not "rich". (unless you consider my wife and kids part of being rich, then yes) I try to take care of my batteries as best I can because I don't have the money to keep buying batteries...especially the cheap ones. After buying the cheap batteries it didn't take long to realize I was spending more money on the cheap ones.

This is my OPINION!
Old 08-01-2008, 08:17 AM   #19
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Roady...

It's all good!

I, myself went with "Cheaper" batteries... I know now, that I'm going to regret it soon!

The original Trojans that were in my cart were 8 years old, but STILL working well,
But, the wife insisted on a lift, tires, and lights on that cart, there was no better time then,
"then" to get new batteries! I'll be suprised if my "Batteries Plus" batteries,
will last another 2 years, even being well maintained!

I'll agree... you get what you pay for!
(at least, I'll know better for next time!)

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:50 AM   #20
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Here in AZ... probably the same in TX.. with the heat, we know even the best batteries aren't going to last as long as they should. Better batts are still better batts, and even with care they still commit suicide before their time. This place just fries them. Between the boat and the toy haulers and the carts and the vehicles, it seems like there's always a battery purchase every other month.... and those deep cycle marine batteries..
ouch !

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car