lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #21
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: What's the best self to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriPower View Post
its a drive belt. just the best one i can buy.
I would check with Plowmans and Cart Parts Plus. Both are site sponsors

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #22
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: What's the best belt to buy?

I have always used a yamaha belt, they last for at least 3 years on a stock engine with a lift and no governor on a G9. Even when I trail rode a lot. Could have been longer I don't recall, and I replaced before they got to 1" wide. Also pulled trailers here and there, mostly things that weigh more than the cart.

I would run a Gates belt, they make all the sled belts. In fact they might make a lot of the belts you buy. In reality a 10-20hp engine should be childs play for any belt that is not total junk. Even in the 70s I don't know of many sleds under 20hp. Now some have 150hp and those use expensive kevlar belts of course.

This G-force belt looks a lot like the HD belt I am running. http://www.gates.com/brochure.cfm?br...ation_id=18901
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #23
hello
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I just ordered HD kevlar one from CPP, this belt is alot better than stock belt.

hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #24
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello View Post
I just ordered HD kevlar one from CPP, this belt is alot better than stock belt.

That is what I have on the clone, working really well so far. Also top cogged like a utv supposed to be more efficient. I can't really tell if it is, but seems to be quiet and shift nice.

Just saying it is a little wider so part of improvement could be that, especially if your clutches are worn like mine are.

IIRC it was like $15 more than normal belt, so not much cost to trying it and 15 is cheap if it runs better from it....and better yet if it lasts longer. I doubt I would bother for a non-lifted stock cart, but it may help one of those too not sure. With a lifted cart the belt is more important.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha