lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #11
deerslayer1985
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1990 Yamaha g2 project

Will do abieex, and thanks!
deerslayer1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #12
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

CartPartsPlus on the site sponsors page. Or BigBlockMan on here
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #13
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerslayer1985 View Post
I'm a little too deep into it now to sell it.....lol the spring spacer torque kit. Where is that for 50 dollars?
Here ya go: http://www.cartpartsplus.com/yamaha-power-kit.html

It will be the least expensive/best mod you'll ever do to the cart after it's lifted with bigger tires.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #14
deerslayer1985
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the link. I was hoping I could squeeze these tires on the back of this cart at least. I think if I trim the rocker pieces that stick back into the wheel well they will fit pretty good. I'm too impatient......lol Has anyone ever squeezed 22's on the back of a non lifted g2?
Old 02-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #15
deerslayer1985
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Alright guys.....Another question. I got the plug that goes into the rear differential. I jacked the cart up level, and took the drain plug out to get all the olf gear oil out. None dripped out!! Not good...lol Anyways I bought some 75-90w synthetic gear oil, and it said it was suppose to hold .85 quarts. I kept waiting for it to come up to the check plug. I ended up putting the whole quart in, and I can stick my finger in the check plug, and cant feel the oil...Its not leaking out anywhere. I've checked many times. Does this really only call for .85 quarts?
Old 02-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #16
deerslayer1985
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I figured this out on my own. I thought where the rubber plug goes is where the check plug was...I found out it was down further. So I cracked it open and all is good. Now on to another question. I tightened the governor bolt all the way down. I took it for a drive, and it seems like it just barely goes faster than it did, but if you floor the gas no matter how slow your going it just like cuts out like its hitting the governor. I can floor it from a stand still and it acts like I just hit the governor......? If I ease on the throttle slowly and get up to speed it eventually hits the governor, but full throttle does it no matter how fast I am going....Bear with me guys I'm new to this stuff, and I tried adjusting the throttle cable, but it didn't seem to really help. Would I be better off just bypassing the governor all together? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Old 02-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #17
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Check with Spriddle or Smallblock450sl on here for the gov mod
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #18
deerslayer1985
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I started searching trying to figure the problem out myself......lol I went out to the garage after searching the forum for some info. I removed the cover on the front clutch, and there were metal chunks, and one of the three metal things that ride on a pin is broken loose....I'm not sure what it is called...lol Also the tension wire thing right under the airbox is really loose. Anyone got some advice for me now?? This is a real learning process...lol
Old 02-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #19
deerslayer1985
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Since I didn't know exactly what it was called, here are some pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tensioner.JPG (51.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg clutch.JPG (135.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-15-2013, 07:27 PM   #20
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerslayer1985 View Post
I started searching trying to figure the problem out myself......lol I went out to the garage after searching the forum for some info. I removed the cover on the front clutch, and there were metal chunks, and one of the three metal things that ride on a pin is broken loose....I'm not sure what it is called...lol Also the tension wire thing right under the airbox is really loose. Anyone got some advice for me now?? This is a real learning process...lol
Tighten the tensionor cable so you have 0.08 in free play. Your primary clutch will need new weights and probably pins, hope the spider is not damaged. Yamaha OEM weight kits (3 needed) are about 75.00 each and the pins are about 2.00 each, after market weight kits are about 45.00 each, but I have no experiance with them to say good or bad. Might try the "for sale section" and ask for a good used one. I think "Curti" (a big member of the G8 club, in this Yamaha gas section) may have one available real soon. Hang in there, you'll get it running great soon
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha