lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
ATL Hurricane
Not Yet Wild

Default Tires/Traction Question

I have a stock '07 Precedent. We have a hill in our backyard that gives me issues when the ground is wet - the cart gets about 1/3 or 1/2 way up and then the tires start spinning in the mud and I slide back down to the bottom. (If the ground is dry, it generally gets up without an issue).

I'm debating ways to fix this and new/knobby tires would be the cheapest and easiest way. I saw these in another thread (https://www.3rsalesandservice.com/ca...1-24008-05.htm). How good are these? Will they be able to get me up a muddy hill? Are there any other suggestions for tires?

There is mulch on top of the dirt, but if it's been raining for a few days this thing has no prayer at getting up the hill.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
ATL Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #2
Y_Not08
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Duro makes an AG Lug tire I use them on my 81 Yamaha g1. They have some serious traction. If I get into thick mud they clean out really well at low rpms. The only issue is if they spin on grass u don't have grass there anymore. I found them on buggies unlimited 60 bucks a piece.
Y_Not08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
ATL Hurricane
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Tires/Traction Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Not08 View Post
Duro makes an AG Lug tire I use them on my 81 Yamaha g1. They have some serious traction. If I get into thick mud they clean out really well at low rpms. The only issue is if they spin on grass u don't have grass there anymore. I found them on buggies unlimited 60 bucks a piece.
Interesting point about the grass... I use the cart on the golf course as well so I need to be careful about not tearing their grass up.
ATL Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car