lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
dbradley
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent Light wiring-confused about blue wire

Ok so I have an 09 Precedent SN PQxxxxxxx. I bought a Madjax light kit, along with the Madjax bucket harness and a plug and go 48V-12V reducer (chinese I think?). Everything is installed per instructions except the blue wire on the bucket harness, not sure where it goes?

I have 8-8V batteries and there is a blue jumper on the positive #6 battery which has 48V on it. No other batteries have any leads on them and there are no other wires tucked in anywhere that I can find.

The "bucket harness addendum" says: once you have converter hooked up, the blue wire on the bucket harness (the one in question) will hook to the
12V output (where?) and the black wire from the bucket harness will attach to the 12V ground negative (I am assuming this is the one that was tucked in behind battery #3 already on cart that I hooked into per the instructions earlier)

Thx in advance
dbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
dbradley
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Precedent Light wiring-confused about blue wire

Forgot to mention, there was also a blue wire with an inline breaker in the kit and it never said in the instructions when or where to install it
Old 03-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #3
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbradley View Post

I have 8-8V batteries

. . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #4
Dadog70
Getting Wild

Club Car

Madjax has some really good how to videos on youtube I watched a couple of them last night, but I don't believe you will find any for 8-8v batteries I hope that was a type-O should that not be 6-8v batteries to get your 48volts?.
Dadog70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #5
dbradley
Not Yet Wild

6-8V my bad, it was a typo indeed. Will look at Madjax videos but didn't see anything earlier, will look again
Old 03-28-2013, 07:05 AM   #6
dbradley
Not Yet Wild

Anybody have any answers? Have found nothing on any related post or internet searches...someone knows the answer
Old 03-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #7
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbradley View Post
Ok so I have an 09 Precedent SN PQxxxxxxx. I bought a Madjax light kit, along with the Madjax bucket harness and a plug and go 48V-12V reducer (chinese I think?). Everything is installed per instructions except the blue wire on the bucket harness, not sure where it goes?

The "bucket harness addendum" says: once you have converter hooked up, the blue wire on the bucket harness (the one in question) will hook to the
12V output
(where?) and the black wire from the bucket harness will attach to the 12V ground negative (I am assuming this is the one that was tucked in behind battery #3 already on cart that I hooked into per the instructions earlier)

Thx in advance

. . . the only place you would have 12v output would be from the reducer/converter . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #8
jantrree
Gone Wild
Club Car

Do you have a picture of your voltage reducer and how it's hooked up? If your reducer is a 48V reducer, the Blue wire of harness usually goes on positive terminal of No. 1 Battery. This is the terminal with main red wire coming from back or battery box.
jantrree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #9
ZackMan
Getting Wild

Club Car

dbradley,

I looked at the Bucket Harness Installation instructions on the Madjax website. The NOTE in step #17 is specific about where to hook up the blue wire on the harness in regard to the battery pack for an 8 volt battery configuration.
ZackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #10
dbradley
Not Yet Wild

I don't have a picture right now but it is a "plug and go" system for Precedent from East Coast Carts. I removed the dash, connected the 12 pin connectors on the converter between the bucket harness and the head light harness and reinstalled, there is no 12V output coming from it, it is sealed. I went and looked back at instructions per Zackman and it appears that once converter is installed, you connect the blue wire to the positive on #6...but I have 48V there. Still lost and confused
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car