lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #1
Dadsbaby
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Impact primary clutch bolt out??

I had planned on using my impact on the primary clutch bolt but it looks like the frame is in the way, so how do you guys get to it? My puller is on the way from Plowmans, done got the secondary sheave kit from them, not installed yet and clutch is going to be sent to them to be redone as soon as I get it off. Pulled the carb to make sure jets were clean..the two inside were clean but there's one on the outside on top of the carb that appears to be clogged..can't see daylight thru it or able to get bread tie thru it either. I'm not sure what that jet is for, I've done plenty of carb work but never seen one on the outside like this. Does the hole go all the way thru? The way it's made looks like it should.
Dadsbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #2
yamarancher
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Impact primary clutch bolt out??

On the clutch, I just take the bolts out of the top shock mounts & lower my buggy. If its stock it should come off without doing this.
yamarancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Me too!
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
Dadsbaby
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Ok thank you, never even thought about that! Don't know what I would do without these forums. lol
Old 04-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
Dadsbaby
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Does anyone know about the jet I'm talking about? It's the one on the outside of the carb, not sure if its plugged or if its made that away. I can't see them making a jet on the outside like that with a hole for gunk to get in.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The one on the outside is an internal "air mixer", it's not supposed to pass air through to the outside of the carb. all that's important on that one is that air passes through the bottom hole out the 3 side holes. if it is clogged, hard starting and low/mid speed power will suck.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:23 AM   #7
Dadsbaby
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thank you cgtech..that's a relief, I was trying to unclog the darn thing.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #8
Dadsbaby
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks to you guys I got my clutch out with no problems. I did end up getting Plowmans power kit with the orange spring..Man was that a tuff spring to get back on. My brother and I with the 3' pry bar had a heck of a time! Tried ratcheting straps and all..in the end the pry bar was the tool to use, I could not keep the straps from sliding off when trying them. I was never so glad to see something finished, clutch redone and probably be here Mon or Tue, can't wait to get it together and hook my trailer up to clean the limbs out of yard.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha