lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
MonsterCrawler
Not Yet Wild

Default Well guys....i got it and have some questions

Hey everyone on BGW, i got my G1, its a 1982 G1 Gas, It runs like a top and everything is stock....well was stock untill i did the front end, I got the idea from TheNewGuy!!! I like the cart so far but it needs a lift ASAP ans i need to find 4 atv tires, the other day i was out pulling brush and had to do alot of driving and reversing and i got to the top of the hill and went to back up for the 5th time and the battery was toast! i had to have someone get a riding mower to jump me!! lol, i got it going and drove it right to the garage and parked it, the next day i went out and tried it and it started right up in F but as soon as i went to back out of the garage it died, so i said **** it!!! PULL BRUSH BY HAND So today on 5/10/13 i backed it out in the driveway and put it on jack stands and went to start it and guess what.....she started, so i let it run in F rof about 10 mins then in R for about 10 mins and back to F and it seems to be fine now, remember i dont have a battery charger and didnt jump it because the was no vehicle her this morning it just happened to work. Now im having second thoughts of plowing with it because its gonna be alot of F to R and what if it dies out in the road when im plowing???? it has a everstart battery in it and you know what they say about those.... "everstart NEVER START"!!! Please help me figure out how to prevent it from dieing on me. the onlything that will be running is my LED mini light bar and the headlights at night..
MonsterCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Well guys....i got it and have some questions

I would start by cleaning & tightening all the connections in the high current starting circuits. That should include the battery terminals and "F" and "R" solenoid connections. After that, test to make sure your generator has proper output by measuring the battery voltage with the cart running at a "pretty good" clip. Should be 14.5 - 15.5 volts. Good luck - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha