lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #21
anix
Getting Wild

Default Re: Which Controller Is Best

Speedchaser- Just curious...What settings are you using...Field map # and throttle map? I am currently using a field map 8 and the progressive throttle map. Field map 8 was the OEM number for my PD plus and I think the IQ carts used #6, I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. But my throttle is as smooth as silk and I have the V-Glide??
anix is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #22
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

My field map was loaded by the guys I purchased the controller and motor from as it was specifically for the motor I got.

I am not sure what throttle map I am using although I set it a little more agressive after putting in the new MCOR because it ran so smooth, now I probably need to change the curve to inductive and lower throttle up rate to around 2, I know that would smooth it out.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #23
anix
Getting Wild

I was just curious about the field map. The number is on the same screen as the throttle up and down. I think they are universal numbers. I have tried the inductive map and like it for the most part. It could be the V-glide since it seems to work in steps, but you better hold on at that first step but I gain about 1-2 mph on top end with. Having said that, the progressive works better on the low end for me. I can ease on the pedal or jump on it and spin the tires, but I loose the 1-2 mph. Alltrax offered to make me a custom map, but if I want more all I have to do is grab the lap top.
anix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #24
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

yup , I love the plug and play from my GE controller , not much to change and no jerky starts
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #25
ProSouth
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Alford2 View Post
I have the Alltrax 500 amp for my precedent and I am one of those that experienced the jerkiness. I contacted alltrax about it they sent me a new map to install to it but didnt work but nevertheless they were very helpful and tried to fix my problem. I replaced the mcor and it did the trick, there is absolutely no jerkiness whatsoever no matter how you program it. Im not sure if my mcor was already bad and the controller just enhanced the problem or what. But I am completely satisfied with Alltrax and would recommend it.
Thanks for the detailed information and input from all , I'm ordering the DCX500IQ and we will see how it gos.
ProSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #26
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProSouth View Post
Thanks for the detailed information and input from all , I'm ordering the DCX500IQ and we will see how it gos.
Best of luck to you
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, controller, precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car