lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
jmarkklock
Not Yet Wild

Default Club car 48 volt will not move

Hi guys,
My neighbor at the campground has a 48 volt club car DS (early 2000s model). He said that his grandkids were driving it and it quit. They pushed it home and he hooked it up to the charger. He did not recall if the charger actually kicked on. He tried to run it this morning and it barely moved forward. When I looked at it, it would not move in forward or reverse but solenoid clicks. Pack voltage is 50.1. We hooked the charger up and it would not kick on. The charger works fine on another cart. I also turned the cart on and pressed the pedal in forward and reverse and the pack voltage was still 50.1. What do I check next?
jmarkklock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #2
buscopat
Gone Crazy

Club Car

Default Re: Club car 48 volt will not move

Have you started with the basics, and actually touched all of the battery cables to ensure they are making good connections? Sometimes they look good, until you touch them and they fall apart.
buscopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
jmarkklock
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick reply Buscopat. Yes I checked all the battery cables and connections and they are good.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
jmarkklock
Not Yet Wild

An update: The cart is now charging but will not move. The charging issue was a loose wire on the charging receptacle. As for the not moving part, I tried to jump the solenoid and nothing. I measured voltage across the small terminals on the solenoid and got nothing. So I am guessing it is either the controller or the forward reverse switch? Any insight would be appreciated. Any way to eliminate one or the other as the cause?

Thanks
Old 07-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #5
smackdaddy66
Getting Wild
Club Car

If the forward reverse switch does not make the cart buzz when in reverse, and you have a full battery charge, I would check the switch. I've seen several connectors rust through. The part is only about $15.00 if you find the switch bad. For you, I hope that's all it is.
smackdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #6
jmarkklock
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. The reverse buzzer has been removed from the cart. Any other idea's to isolate the problem?

Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car