lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #11
sftull
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: LVS Charger HELP!!!

scottyb....where you at??
sftull is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sorry, I couldn't tell anything definitive from those pics?
Diagnoses over the internet is hard sometimes.

Can you call the people you bought it from?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #13
sftull
Not Yet Wild

Dang... thanks anyway. LVS won't answer the phone. I got it from my grandfather who bought it from a friend of his.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #14
sftull
Not Yet Wild

What can I jump inside the charger to make it come on? That way I can figure out which wire is positive and which is negative.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #15
Bill
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sftull View Post
I tried that, and while I'm pretty smart with most thing, electricity isn't one of them. I turned the charger on, set my voltage meter to dc volts and touched the red lead to one terminal and the black lead to the other terminal. It showed just a small (less than 1 volt if I remember correctly) amount of voltage. Then I touched the black lead to the charger and the red one to either of the terminals, it shows 50+ volts.
This is interesting.

Have you tried to check voltage where the charger leads (ones that go to the cart) hook up inside the charger just to rule out a bad cord ?

Sometimes it's the simple things.

As for LVS, don't hold Your breath. Been there done that.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #16
sftull
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
This is interesting.

Have you tried to check voltage where the charger leads (ones that go to the cart) hook up inside the charger just to rule out a bad cord ?

Sometimes it's the simple things.

As for LVS, don't hold Your breath. Been there done that.
I have not. I will give that a shot this weekend.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #17
sftull
Not Yet Wild

After tracing the wires and I found that the black wire was grounded to the inside of the charger. I decided to take a chance and plug it in. It came on and started to charge and nothing caught fire. I unplugged it, turned the key on and pushed the gas...it's alive!! So if anyone out there has a problem with their LVS charger, the white is positive and black is the ground.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car