lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2014, 05:33 AM   #1
befuddled
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1984 ds

New to cart world and learning about how they go from this forum which is very informative. Can someone let me know if when cart rear wheels are off the ground and pedal pushed to listen for the all important 5 clicks at what click should you start getting wheel spin. On my cart it is the 3rd, if that is not what it should be what might be the issue?
befuddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2014, 06:12 AM   #2
tjequip
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1984 ds

I'm no expert on resistor carts but be careful. If you over-rev the motor it can self destruct.
tjequip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:07 PM   #3
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

first click is master solenoid=no movement. This solenoid energizes all of the others.
2nd thru 5th click=movement. the clicks you hear are the solenoids dropping out of the circuit, allowing more juice to go to the motor for faster speeds.

Master solenoid is on drivers side. they drop out going towards passenger side.
All solenoids are triggered by the micro switches in your pot box (connected to your GO pedal). they turn the solenoids on and off.

I would say you either have a bad #2 solenoid or micro/limit switch in the pot.
most say if you're replacing one solenoid, you might as well do them all. Same with the pot micro switches. The slide in the pot might need it to.

think I got that right.

you can put cart in neutral and hear the clicks, I believe. Better for the motor.
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:35 PM   #4
befuddled
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

If you hear all five clicks and the wheel spin when cart rear wheel are lifted starts on the third click and speeds increase as fourth and fifth solenoid clicks. if I replace the number two solenoid and problem continues where should I check after that. The micro switches are all in a closed little silver box. Can you simply replace a bad switch if there is one in the box or do you simply replace the whole switch box?
befuddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car