lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2014, 10:21 AM   #1
cyberclectic
Not Yet Wild

Default Need quick measurement...

Will be taking delivery in a few weeks of a Lifted Club Car (6 inch lift with 22x11x12 tires)

My question is, does anyone have a measurement from nose (front bumper or front of front tire - whichever is farthest forward) to center / back of rear tires by any chance (or willing to take one and share)?

I ask, because I have a 6x8 trailer and they have recommended a 5x10 but I am comfortable if the rear of the cart (aka back seat) extends out past the trailer a bit, much like it would in a standard truck bed (which is an 8 ft box), but just want to ensure the wheelbase will be securely on the trailer and naturally the cart will be securely strapped in multiple points.

TIA

Also - awesome forum, I see myself getting obsessed real quick all while going broke even quicker.
cyberclectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2014, 10:32 AM   #2
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Need quick measurement...

My 93 DS (without a rear seat/step) fits on a 5 X 8 trailer with about 6-8 in. to spare.

Welcome to the madness.
tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #3
cyberclectic
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Tag50...

I should probably state it is a Precedent and does have the back seat, which I expect may hang out past the back of the trailer - but since overall length with seat is about 104" I am optimistic it will fit just fine, but would rather be certain.

Wanted to add a picture / link but haven't been here long enough...
Old 09-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #4
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Your tires will be fine. The rear foot rest will overhang a bit.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:00 AM   #5
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

cyber, you might want to take a look at a thread titled " How Do You Secure Your Cart To A Trailer?" for some ideas.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:12 PM   #6
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

The rear seat comes into play more if you have a ramp on the trailer.My Dad bought a 5x8 for hauling carts,with a large hinged ramp.He loaded a cart with a rear seat,and couldn't close the gate.The cart was stock,so he couldn't back it on either.I used the trailer this weekend for our G16,which is lifted 5" and has a rear-seat.I backed it on,with the rear step over the front-rail,and it had about 8-10" between the front tire and gate,with the rear tires tight to the rail.Personally,on a small,single-axle trailer,with a rear-seat kit,i would always load the cart backwards to get the tongue weight right,especially with a ramp-gate on the trailer.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:00 AM   #7
cyberclectic
Not Yet Wild

Perfect pachanga90 ... in my case, the ramp can actually fold flat back into the trailer as well.

I have determined I will probably load in reverse and may have to stick a couple 2x8's under the rear wheels to bring the seat step up above the trailer rail (it sits about 12" above the trailer deck). Secure the seat, remove windshield and strap roof to the cart itself and be good to go it looks like.

Thanks everyone for all the input.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:59 AM   #8
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

my DS cart fits on a 5x8 with no problem with 22x11x10 and a 6 inch lift
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car