lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2014, 08:10 AM   #1
CRD Dawg
Not Yet Wild

Default Wheel / Rim Combo Question for Non-lifted Cart

Recent member here. Posted once and got a lot of good feedback. Great forum and thank you. Another question and would like your thoughts. I plan on purchasing a Club Car Precedent this fall and having 2 boys obsessed with everything camo, we will be getting our cart camo dipped. Here's the dilemma. Our cart will cover quite a bit of distance driving around in our community, but it will be on the street literally 100% of the time. Many of our neighbors have gotten lift kits with off road tires and the carts feel unstable and the tires are loud. I have no interest in a lift kit at all. I also really don't prefer the look of big rims and low profile tires either. We just want a quiet street cart. Are there any 10" rims and street tires that might give a better look and still perform well on the street? I like the look of just black steel wheels and would like to find a slightly larger black steel stamped rim and slightly larger, quiet street tire that would give it a better look. It will probably be the only camo dipped cart on the planet without a lift kit and no off road tires. Don't want it to look too goofy. Maybe a 10" black wheel with slightly negative offset to push the wheels outward? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
CRD Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2014, 09:20 AM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Wheel / Rim Combo Question for Non-lifted Cart

There are tires with a fairly street friendly "turf" patterned thread if your looking for something just a little bit more than tiny stock wheels. Keep this in mind when looking at tire & rim combos tall tires that fit smaller dia rims tend to have a lot of flex and roll this can really make a cart feel unstable in my opinion. I have a 6" lifted cart with HD springs front & rear with 12" rims & 22" tires and I do not find my cart unstable at all until it gets to moving past 25 MPH so that's really a given considering how fast carts were intended to go.... So on a non-lifted cart 10" wheels with 20" (guess) turf tires should be about what your looking for. Look at our site sponsored shops as well as eBay for lots and lots of ideas.....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car