lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2018, 06:33 PM   #1
mattrourke
Getting Wild

Default Yamaha G16 sway bar link.

I'm installing a new 6" lift in my G16 and in the process cutting out the 4" lift that the previous owner homemade and welded into place. He also just welded a new sway bar link to the frame so i have no idea where the stock one is supposed to sit.

Would someone be able to measure theirs for me maybe from the center of the tube frame to the center of the sway bar bolt holes. I guess i will have to estimate the angle.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20181222_152824.jpg (195.4 KB, 0 views)
mattrourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2018, 02:00 PM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G16 sway bar link.

Do you have the correct panhard bar? JN6-F2172-00-00 I can get measurements tomorrow.

This is the economy 4" lift.

Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 07:39 PM   #3
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

On my G14 with the 4" econo lift kit I welded a bracket on the passengers side to move the sway bar level across the cart. This keeps the whole rear end more centered for less of a bump steer effect. I tried all positions before welding in the final bracket.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:41 AM   #4
mattrourke
Getting Wild

Thanks guys. I ended up taking a piece of flat bar and drilling 3 holes in it and welding it in as close to the stock angle and length as i could but it left me the ability to adjust it from one hole to another if i find it is not centred properly. Worst case, i plasma it off and weld in a new one.
mattrourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 06:49 AM   #5
mstriker250
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
On my G14 with the 4" econo lift kit I welded a bracket on the passengers side to move the sway bar level across the cart. This keeps the whole rear end more centered for less of a bump steer effect. I tried all positions before welding in the final bracket.
I also have the 4 lift on my G16 could possibly post a picture i have a lot of sway
Thanks
I'm a newbie
mstriker250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha