lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2014, 03:35 PM   #1
ernie195
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ-GO 2 stroke 244cc engine

I have a early 80' EZ-GO Golf Cart with a Robin 244cc 2 stroke engine. Model #EC25-2P8. It is not getting gas. I ca squirt gas into the carb and it will start and run as long as I keep gas in the carb. Any suggestions?
Also it being a 2 stroke engine I am a little confused about how the gas and oil are mixed. It has a gas tank and a oil bottle. Are they mixed at the carb? Is the gas and oil mixed in the gas tank? It list the mixture on top of the gas tank at 128:1. HELP
ernie195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2014, 06:54 PM   #2
ATOMIC_BADBOY
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ-GO 2 stroke 244cc engine

Did you pull the line going to the carburetor from the fuel pump and see if there is fuel when cranking engine over.
ATOMIC_BADBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:35 AM   #3
ernie195
Not Yet Wild

No, but I did clean the tank and gas line as well as blow out the filter. I will try what you suggested asap and get back with you. Can you tell me if you mix the gas & oil in the gas tank or is it supposed to mix at the carb. using the gas and the 2-cycle oil from the bottle. Thanks
Old 05-16-2014, 06:01 PM   #4
ATOMIC_BADBOY
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

If it has the oil tank on the cart and the line is hooked up I would assume it still mixes its self. If u premix the fuel its 128:1 or 100:1 what ever u prefer
Old 05-16-2014, 08:21 PM   #5
racin161
Gone Wild

Welcome to BGW Answer to your question !!! Look at the line from the tank to the flywheel or front of the engine and you'll see the oil pump then follow the line coming out of the pump and it will go to the top of the carb intake with a banjo fitting. It will be on top can't miss it. The pump is supposed to mix the oil with the gas as it is running a non mix at this point in the tank (Straight gas) Now comes the problem when they work all is good but when the pump fails then goes the engine. Most all of us plugs the line at the intake where the banjo fitting is located and mixes our fuel at 128:1 or 1 oz per gallon then you know you have the proper mix. You can then remove the oil tank and pump and lines and free up room in the engine area I'll look at the rest of your post and see if I can help.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:33 PM   #6
racin161
Gone Wild

Fuel issue most likely means you need to remove the carb and clean it. If it has sat for a long period then it's plugged up and a good cleaning is in order. Look at other posts for cleaning all jets need to be removed and cleaned with carb cleaner and pressurized air you can't be to clean. Then comes the fuel they can be a bear to get fuel to the pump. If you have a shop vac or vacuum you can pressurize the tank with the line removed going to the carb until you get fuel then connect it to the carb and then you will be go to go. Of course you want to BLOW not SUCK

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:28 PM   #7
ernie195
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOMIC_BADBOY View Post
If it has the oil tank on the cart and the line is hooked up I would assume it still mixes its self. If u premix the fuel its 128:1 or 100:1 what ever u prefer
I removed the gas line running from the fuel pump to the carb. and there is no gas coming through when cranking the motor. I removed the fuel pump and disassembled and cleaned put it back on and it made no change. Not sure how the fuel pump works.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:41 PM   #8
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

The pump works off the vacuum/pressure pulse from the crankcase. Make sure the o-ring is still in place between the case and the pump/spacer. Take the fuel line off the tank and fill the line with fuel. The pump is not strong enough to prime itself.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:47 AM   #9
crankin
Not Yet Wild

my 1985 244 cc gas ez go will run great if you want to go fast but will buck and snort when trying to go slow. I cleaned the carb but the linkage adjustment, I have no experience with. I have been told the link adjustment is probably the cause of my no slow running problem.
Can you help
crankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:15 PM   #10
ATOMIC_BADBOY
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

can you tell if the engine has any compression. the fuel pump works off vacuum in the engine, but lets say there is a hole in the piston, it will have no compression in return making no vacuum. take your spark plug out put your finger over the and crank the engine over, if air doesn't leak past your thumb or blow it out of the hole the you very bad compression. if you have access to a compression tester use that instead so you know what numbers your working with.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO