lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Downhill operation of 97 "G16"

I have a question re: normal downhill operation of my 97 G16. When going downhill is it normal for the cart to be in full coast, without any engine braking?? My previous cart was an ancient "Harley" 3 wheeler, which would allow engine braking when going downhill, and was nice to have. My Yamaha does not do that and requires quite a bit of braking. Was just wondering if that is normal or do I have a problem?
I recently put a power kit into the secondary clutch, new rollers and bushing into the primary clutch, plus a new drive belt. Both clutches have been greased. The clutch work did not affect the downhill operation at all, (the same before and after). This cart is fairly new to me as of late last year. It has not been lifted and has original size tires. Thanks for any help you can provide.

RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha