lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2015, 07:03 PM   #1
BigBlockBandit
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 first startup questions (runs a little rough)

I just got the Yamaha G1 back from the rebuilder and threw it in the boys cart. it fired right up and runs pretty well but I don't think it sounds right. Im not a 2 stroke guy but it sounds like its missing every couple rounds when its not loaded or when its going slow for sure. it does not have a butterfly in the exhaust, that's been removed. I cooked the exhaust today as well to make sure it was clean. I just don't want to damage anything and the rebuilder (Burington)is out of town till the first of the week.

Questions: I cant get the carb adjustment screw to make any difference. took it apart and cleaned everything but it just does not seem to change anything running on the stand.

I read that the butterfly was for low speed torque and sound, since that is gone does it make it sound a little more like a snow mobile?

Not 100% sure anything is really wrong, never heard it run before the rebuild and its my first 2 stroke cart so who knows? I may try to take a video of it tonight and post it to see if it sounds ok. The kids are dying to ride it around and I hate to turn them loose until I know its right.

I took the plug out after about 5 min running and its dry and dark-ish side of brown so I don't think its too lean.

Any thoughts?
BigBlockBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2015, 06:58 AM   #2
BigBlockBandit
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G1 first startup questions (runs a little rough)

s133.photobucket.com/user/Bigblockbandit/media/VID_20151015_201643597_zpsgvmwgeou.mp4.html?o=0
BigBlockBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 12:42 PM   #3
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

Although I've never owned a G1 I have had many 2 strokes in my collection. To me that sounds perfect. At low rpm's that's just how 2 strokes sound. Once you wind them up is when they develop power and the engine sounds very smooth at higher rpm's. In any of my 2 strokes I would be concerned if it (1) wouldn't idle and (2) if it would break up at high rpm's and you don't have any of that. So I think that engine sounds right on.
Mr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:42 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Are you premixing the fuel? If so at what ratio? Too much oil will make it run lean....not enough fuel. I recommend disconnecting the oil pump and premix at 100:1 with a good high quality air cooled 2 cycle oil like Echo from Home Depot.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha