lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2016, 01:55 PM   #1
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Yanaha drive g29 clutch?

I am having issues pulling apart the yamaha g29 drive primary team clutch on my 2007 yamaha golf cart. I am having difficulty taking this apart pulled clutch cover off and now am at the Spider. I have made a tool to grip the spider but this thing does not want to come apart. Anything I could be missing . I would like to re clutch my cart lots of engine mods. Any help on this would be great. Thanks .
lady bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2016, 04:14 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Yanaha drive g29 clutch?

Honestly, get rid of that primary clutch , wether you did engine mods or not. I like the simplicity of the G16-G22 roller clutch.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:19 PM   #3
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I am going to go with smallblock and say you’re better off replacing that Team clutch. But if you are a hard head like me and want to give it a try anyway here is a video that shows you how it is done. In the video is the guy that designed the team clutch (Glenn Erlandson). The example is on an E Z Go but the clutch is the same I hope this helps. Good Luck.

Robert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYmQ...ature=youtu.be
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:32 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Nice vid I believe if Glen desighned it, it works! On a side note, I have the Yamaha Team primary clutch tools and I have only been able to get 2 apart
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:11 PM   #5
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Smallblock I believe in one of the videos I viewed while looking on how to disassemble a Team primary clutch. The guy used some heat on the spider to help break it loose from the center shaft. Not too much!
Robert
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:45 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I also have access to the tools, but (lucky me), have gotten all but one apart. The one i did not succeed with flew out of the vice & broke upon contact with the floor. I no longer needed to get it apart!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:13 AM   #7
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I tell ya what I made a very similar toot and clutch holder and is not coming apart as easy as the video lol I'll keep trying.engin has big billet ross piston 3 angle big valves port polish 50 k off head bored carb chocke removal but truly and stem machined lightned flywheel timing advance. Runs really good but clutching is way off. I think I can make these team clutched work. Machine them for top speed and take off. And get them to hold the rpms through the take off.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:13 AM   #8
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Toot lol meant tool.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:16 AM   #9
raceinsnow
Not Yet Wild

I believe that they use Loctite on the spider, so use a torch to heat the spider and burn the Loctite out.
raceinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:03 AM   #10
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I'll try a little heat tonight thanks and video was very helpful. Thanks limited
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha