lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2017, 08:56 AM   #1
giftedonesm
Not Yet Wild

Default 05 Carryall 2

Serial # E0545-569104

Recently bought this Carryall 2 with an electrical nightmare all wires stripped of terminals the controller and on board computer unplugged and removed. Found 2 schematics for 2004-05 carryall 2 and carryall 6 was able to hook up and determine a lot of where everything went. When bought the green wire from the key switch to the solenoid was melted from key back after removing the wire and cleaning things up from the melt down I noticed a few other things wrong with the machine.

Replaced solenoid and rewired the controller as well as the on board computer(previous owner said it was new) but they couldn't get it working said foot switch was probably the problem...... foot switch drive bar was found and in process of replacement due to clean break on it.

Problem now is everything is hooked together according to the schematics and charger doesn't charge (doesn't turn on when plugged into this cart) the charger works for other machines so I'm thinking it's the gray wire coming off the receptacle into the onboard computer that might be giving us the problem...the on board computer screwing up or something.

Symptoms as well as when pressing the pedal or turning the drive rod on foot pedal the foot switch seems to engage briefly acts like it wants to work but quickly shuts off and no movement...

Thanks for any help
giftedonesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2017, 09:47 AM   #2
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 05 Carryall 2

Welcome to the forum.

One of the first things to check is the current state of charge in your batteries, if you have not done that already.

If they are really dead the charger will not start. Charge them with a car charger and then try the Cart charger again.

Not sure what set up you have 6 volt, 8 volt or 12 volt batteries, but they probably need to be at somewhere near 5 or 7 or 10 volts each before they will allow the charger to start.

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:47 PM   #3
giftedonesm
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply they are 6 ...8 volt batteries and they have 49 volts on them currently and did a hydrometer test around 1250 on most and they are around the plates on fluid level figured I would try to charge them before adding any water.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:48 PM   #4
giftedonesm
Not Yet Wild

is there a way of testing the controller or obc?
Old 03-02-2017, 12:53 PM   #5
giftedonesm
Not Yet Wild

forgot to mention its 48 volt electric cart
Old 03-02-2017, 03:06 PM   #6
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am sure Sergio (the electrical master) will chime in. If you do a search, you can bypass the obc temporarily and see if the charger comes on. If the cart is not moving I believe you have other issues.
Night life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:45 PM   #7
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

giftedonesm,

Below is the link to a thread I started with similar problems on my neighbors cart a couple months ago.

Sergio gave me all the testing procedures, and we were able to diagnose a bad OBC.

I replaced it and all is good now.

Check the link and thank Sergio if this testing resolves your problem.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-test-obc.html

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:45 AM   #8
giftedonesm
Not Yet Wild

Thanks I'll print out those steps and try them to see what my results are... my uncle and father were trouble shooting it last night and came up with they weren't getting the negative off of the obc to the solenoid so I'm not sure if that helps the situation at all or can determine if it is bad or not. The previous owner said it was a new computer so it was hard for me to believe it was the computer at first but you never know
Old 03-03-2017, 04:23 PM   #9
giftedonesm
Not Yet Wild

I have no voltage on sense wire socket nor any on other side of the fuse connected on said wire. From positive socket to sense wire socket.

48volt on battery pack
48 volts on positive socket and pack negative
Socket negative to pack + @ 38volts
Fuse checks good
Old 03-03-2017, 04:25 PM   #10
giftedonesm
Not Yet Wild

Does this mean time for new OBC?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car