lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2017, 12:23 PM   #1
Green Planet
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Question problem with fuel supply to carb

Hello, and thank for taking the time to read this, hope you can help.

Yamaha G1, Will start with starting fluid shot into Carb, but won't run on it's own.

Gas gauge is broken and she ran out of fuel. This has happened before, and in the past the fuel pump lost it's prime, so I pulled fuel with a hand pump till it came out of the fuel line that feeds the Carb from the fuel pump, clamped the line wit a pair of vice grips and reattached the line back to the Carb, then removed my vice grips, this has worked in the past.

But to no avail this time she just won't get up and engage the Drive. she just puts in a low idle . like I stated earlier with a shot of starting fluid she cranks up like normal and engages the Drive and moves until the starting Fluid runs out.

Any HELP on what to check next, or what TEST to perform would be GREATLY Appreciated
Green Planet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2017, 01:24 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: problem with fuel supply to carb

If pickup tube is still attached in the tank make sure no fuel lines are smashed or cracked including hose that runs from crank case to pump if everything checks out it's either fuel pump or crank seals are are getting bad and the fuel pump isn't getting a "pulse " from the crank case
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:29 PM   #3
Green Planet
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ok I will check the hoses , I'm going to pull the hose that sends the pulse from the crankcase,and give it a good inspection, and I'll check the other things too,
???? Is there a way to check the crankcase seals, like a compression tester or leak down test ???
THANK YOU
Green Planet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:39 AM   #4
makobuggie
Gone Wild

hello, ive rebuilt my g1 engine 3 times and I use a comp tester, seems like the seals? make sure no broken hose for your pulse, ive went thru all of that prob, good luck
makobuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:16 AM   #5
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Compression test will not determine if crank seals are bad
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:25 PM   #6
Lochlin
Gone Wild

x2 on the crank seals but you may want to try a new fuel pump on that first just to make sure that you didn't have a diaphragm or something tear in it. Any cheap 3 line vacuum pump for a tractor or lawn mower or something should work ok on that for testing purposes.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:43 PM   #7
yamarancher
Gone Wild

Yamaha

starting fluid is bad news on a 2 stroke.
yamarancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha