lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2017, 09:20 PM   #11
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Reached my limit with this Harley...

I put a low pressure electric pump in with the tillotson and the cart never ran better. I now have that pump in with the 440 snowmobile engine and in my VC 460 powered yamaha G14. Works well in both carts .
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2017, 09:24 PM   #12
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
I put a low pressure electric pump in with the tillotson and the cart never ran better. I now have that pump in with the 440 snowmobile engine and in my VC 460 powered yamaha G14. Works well in both carts .
Perhaps you can clear this up Ray, if he does not have a fuel pump what diaphragm is he talking about? Also, none of this will work without some sort of vent for tank.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:43 PM   #13
therm575
Not Yet Wild

No, I tried two lines one of which was brand new. The vent hose may be an overflow. Its coming out of the top of the tank in the middle
therm575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:48 PM   #14
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

What diaphragm are you talking about?
Old 06-19-2017, 09:52 PM   #15
therm575
Not Yet Wild

In the carb
Old 06-19-2017, 10:03 PM   #16
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

OK. Gotcha now. Clean tank 100% Replace all fuel lines. Make sure nipple on tank is clear. Do that. Then worry about carb problems. I think you are not getting fuel TO carb to start with.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:56 PM   #17
AKAMick
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Just buy a Chinese carb of Ebay, they are cheap under $20, and they work reasonably well, if that doesn't solve it, then the cart is smarter than you, just kidding! use a portable fuel tank to feed it, higher than the carb, if it runs then your fuel tank or lines have a problem
AKAMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:37 AM   #18
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Trust me, we all understand the frustration. I have an '85 that took the better of part of two years to get all of the kinks out of it.

A point of clarity first:

In this post:

"someone on here said change the crankshaft seal, so I did."

You mention changing the crankshaft seal. I want to make sure that you don't have a typo in there. There are two crank seals in your cart. Did you change all 3 or just one? If you only changed one then that's not good. If you changed both then things will be downhill from here.

If, indeed, you changed all 3 then you are probably closer than you think. Your issue is likely the fuel pump which is built into the carb itself, or a funky jet or something in the carb. I am with AKAMick and rayhd. You can get a knockoff carb for that for around $20. If that solves things, great. If not then that's one more thing that you can check off as not being the issue. To rayhd's point, I have never been a fan of mechanical pumps particularly the diaphragm ones inside the carb. Personally, I convert to electric pumps because they pretty much guarantee you gas when you are sure that everything else in the cart is good.

I have 3 of these carts and take care of a 4th that's my father in laws. A lot of times it's process of elimination, especially with fuel issues. Stick with it! Every repair that doesn't result in success gets you one step closer to the solution.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:50 AM   #19
therm575
Not Yet Wild

We just changed the outer seal. Is there a link to the other two, I cant even find any other seals to know what I'm getting. If its not leaking, wouldn't there be a vacuum?
Old 06-20-2017, 07:20 AM   #20
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I had a typo in my post that I just corrected. There are two seals in your cart (not three), the external one that you changed and the internal one that you didn't. The attached diagram shows where they are (part 9 and 9A). If even just one goes bad it's "lights out" for the cart as the engine can't develop vacuum. You saw that new rubber material that hugs the crank when you replaced the outer seal? Well, on older seals that rubber gets cracked and can't hold air. Heck, I replaced one that had no rubber left on it at all as it had disintegrated. I could see inside the case by looking through the seal.

Unfortunately, that inner seal is going to need to be at least checked and probably replaced. It's not easy on those carts as the case needs split and you need a press to get to the seal. Personally, I just gave my engine to a local machine shop and they did it for me for $60. I gave them the seals and the manual and picked up my engine a couple of days later.

Here is a link to the manual for your cart:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/colum...63_1980_GS.pdf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170530_125839.jpg (241.9 KB, 0 views)
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts