lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2017, 08:50 AM   #1
Mrisinge
Not Yet Wild

Default 98 G16 intermittently runs rich

My 1998 Yamaha G16 has developed an intermittent rich stumble. Usually happens on back nine for no apparent reason. It stumbles to get to speed then runs normally. At next startup this is repeated. Sometimes this continues the rest of the back nine, other times it returns to normal operation. The dealer replaced the carburator, sparkplug, fuel pump and air and fuel filters 2 months ago.

Any thoughts on what I should consider to solve this issue.
Mrisinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2017, 11:43 AM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 98 G16 intermittently runs rich

I check and make sure fuel vent isn't partially plugged and check all wire connections for corrosion or loose
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:58 PM   #3
Tdfrancis
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 98 G16 intermittently runs rich

You should also check your spark plug. Check to see if you have excess buildup of carbon on the plug. My Cart motor had lost much compression and would cause very similar issues. It also smoked a lot before the engine blew so here's hoping that's not your problem. You may also want to check your air filter for blockages or restrictions.
Tdfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g16
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha