lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2009, 04:53 AM   #1
jasonmcbeth
Not Yet Wild

Cool Ez-go EC25 rebuilt now doesnt run right

Hello im new here so bare with me..I rebuilt my dads 1988 ??? EZ-GO and it starts right up but lacks power on forward...reverse seems to be stronger..my thought is its in the pickup/timing..im not sure where to set this at or what degree with timing light.Is there a base or rough setting rule of thumb? i noticed the pickup plate is adjustable.
jasonmcbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2009, 06:58 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Ez-go EC25 rebuilt now doesnt run right

You didn't happen to put the holes in the piston skirt towards the exhaust port ?
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:48 PM   #3
jasonmcbeth
Not Yet Wild

Hmm you had to ask lol..I built this before winter, I went out pulled exhaust and yes piston is in correct.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmcbeth View Post
Hmm you had to ask lol..I built this before winter, I went out pulled exhaust and yes piston is in correct.
Sorry about asking, it's a very common mistake to put the hole/s to the exhaust side.
I don't remember anything about setting the timing on those. I know I've fooled with them so I could get as much advance as possible going forward and still have it sorta run in reverse. That was all trial and error so to speak. Maybe some of the members with 2 strokes carts can answer those questions
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:55 PM   #5
jasonmcbeth
Not Yet Wild

well think ive narrowed it down to my original instinct..i believe it to be the exhaust..it must be restricted..i unbolted the ex-flange and walla it raps out perfectly..i read somewhere here to burn muffler in yard fire. Oh this thing sat a couple years brfore i rebuilt it for dad, Ive done many boat motors,snowmobile engines etc didnt think i would mess up but back then i was drinking heavily so ill try either yard fire or pour oil in it and key the Oxygen with torch.Ill let ya know how it comes out =p.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO