lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2019, 07:08 PM   #1
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Gboost belt issues

Details. 2016 model ydrax6f efi with the gold primary clutch. Pretty sure that they are not team because the primary is smooth, gold with the black button in the center. Wasn’t exactly sure what Drive belt to order so talked with the vendor and at the time did not have the part number of the original because I couldn’t read it. Anyway, vendor told me that I needed part number DBYAJ57H. Put that on today and it’s slipping big time until the rpm builds to about half throttle then it starts to grab and pull in. Thought okay maybe the belt needs to break in a little but don’t want to tear it up if it isn’t the correct one. Finally grabbed the original that was working fine but I was redoing the cart and had it apart. Found a part number on it that I hadn’t been able to read earlier and it is J55-G6241-01. Put it back on and cart is happy again. I looked up the severe duty belt for replacing the OEM above and it said belt 56 not 57. I did notice this new belt was riding pretty high in the driven so maybe that is what is causing my issue. Anyone know the difference in these 2 belts and maybe some input on my slipping issues?

Thanks in advance.

Oh and pics tomorrow on the rebuild today.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2019, 11:23 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Gboost belt issues

Since you car is a non PTV model, yes the OEM belt would have been J55-G6241-02-00 and the Gboost HD belt should have been DBYAJ56H. Had some real problems with the early J55 belts seperating in fleet car use.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 12:42 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Forgive the Yamaha newby but PTV stands for? Also my belt was an 01 that was on there. Was it wrong also?
Old 08-04-2019, 06:05 PM   #4
Crackback
Gone Wild

Yamaha

PTV is a personal transportation vehicle
Crackback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 07:31 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Okay going to revive this thread as I want to finish putting the cart together. Pictures attached for info. Gboost lists I have the correct belt because I don’t think I have the team clutches. Bad or worn driven? Wanting some more speed. Cart tops out at like 20 with the high speed governor spring. EFI btw. And smallblock I believe you are probably correct and may just order that belt just wondering if my driven is just junk.
Old 07-04-2020, 12:08 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I dont see anything wrong with your setup. And the "57" is the belt I use on everything "Not Team clutches". Speaking of yamaha, and Not G1/G3 of course.

Ps- just looked at their online catalog, and for 2012.5-2020, they specify the "57", dont even list the "56".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 12:29 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Thanks cg. It “looks” okay but slips like crazy until about mid throttle then starts grabbing.. bad driven ? It is the 4 rivet which I have read had issues
Old 07-05-2020, 04:15 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The secondary clutch doesnt get to "grab", it only responds to the actions of the primary clutch. (Unless things are just completely horrible, and we would see that)

Also, when starting off, the secondary clutch has about 20x as much surface in contact with the belt, compared to the primary. Likely any slipping is happening on the one with far less belt contact.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 08:35 PM   #9
Josph30
Not Yet Wild

Did you find a fix for your issues. I'm about to buy a new drive belt and was gonna go with g boost but not if its causing slippage.
Josph30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 12:46 PM   #10
Captain_MAGA
Not Yet Wild

I am probably late to the discussion but having the same exact issue. Tried adjusting the starter belt tension because after replacing with Gboost belt I noticed it was EXTREMELY tight. That didn't seem to fix the issue. I also noticed that the slipping (if that's actually what's going on) gets worse with more people on the cart. The OEM belt that was replaced is still in great condition so I might put it back on to see if it's still happening.
Captain_MAGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha