lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2019, 04:12 PM   #1
somfas
Gone Wild

Default Buying a Gas Yamaha and looking for advice

I may buy a gas Yamaha and wanted to get some feedback from you guys. There seems to be a clear price break before 2011 or 2012 or so. Can get them from $4500-$5000 on the earlier years but more like $6500-$7000 for later model. Also, how tough is it to get 25mph - 30mph out of these? Thanks
somfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2019, 04:20 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Buying a Gas Yamaha and looking for advice

I would try to avoid the Team axle (2007-2014), parts are expensive, and will eventually be unavailable. I believe 2015 was the change back to conventional axle. If you end up looking at a Team axle model, drive to about half speed, then brake moderately to a complete stop. If you hear a squelch just as you come to a stop, avoid that several hundred dollars brake job.

Team axle can be identified by it's beefy aluminum ribs on the bottom, conventional axle has a steel pan. Can be spotted by just looking under the rear bumper.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:15 PM   #3
somfas
Gone Wild

Default Re: Buying a Gas Yamaha and looking for advice

Thanks for that advice! Trying to decide between new controller and wheels/tires to my new purchase - a bare bones 2009 RXV, or just dumping that plan and going with a Gas Yamaha. Seems like it would be cool to have a gas cart, but thats gonna cost a lot more.
somfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha