lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2009, 09:12 PM   #21
scubajoe
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Got a "new" cart

No luck yet on the rubber grommet for the fuel tank. Need to figure out something for that.

Pulled the carb tonight, and will be cleaning and rebuilding this week. Hopefully that takes care of the bogging problem.

Assuming that's fixed, and I can get the carb put back together and properly set (never messed with a carb before, except to unbolt and bolt on a new one), I'll then need to figure out why reverse does not work all the time. I usually have to get it going in forward, and then switch to reverse. Probably not good for it, but it works (I've only run into and crushed a few items in my garage - oops!).

Anything else to look at other than replacing the forward reverse switch? I'd like to test it before I spend the money to replace parts.
scubajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2009, 12:26 PM   #22
scubajoe
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Rebuilt the carburetor this week, and got it installed today. Started right up, did a few circles, and it bogged down and died. His the gas again, starts, runs, dies. Wash, rinse, repeat. Read somewhere that this can be from a stuck float pin. It's new, so I'm not sure what I could have done wrong with it. Hoping it's something else so I don't have to take it apart again.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #23
scubajoe
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Arrrgh! I forgot to check and make sure the welch plugs were glued in well (they threadlocker I used in them didn't dry!). One fell out! Always something. 'Course, I'll never find it now.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:23 PM   #24
scubajoe
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Jacked it up, and made some adjustments to the carb (have NO idea what I'm doing), AND found the welch plug laying on the driveway under the cart. What luck! Seems to be running OK now. Now dying anymore. We'll see how it goes. Backfired a few times after I adjusted one of the carb screws, but didn't die. Turned it back the other way, and, fingers crossed, it appears to be good.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:04 AM   #25
SUPERBEE
Gone Wild

Good Deal
SUPERBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:05 PM   #26
Craigs carts
Gone Wild
Harley Davidson

You might want to pull your spark plug after you get your carb set were you want it just to make sure your not running to lean. a dark chocolate brown -black is good. white or tan is not good.
Craigs carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:37 PM   #27
scubajoe
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Plug is brand new. Still having trouble with it though. Ran fine today on startup, drove down the street, and it died after 1/4 mile or so. Starts right back up. Seems to backfire some when the engine is being driven more by the downhill, than running itself. Guess I need to work on adjusting the carb. Idle screw should matter, right? Since these things don't idle. It really seems like it's not getting quite enough fuel .... but then the backfire indicates too much. So, I'm confused.

Oh, and the backfire isn't really related to the stalling out, except that sometimes AFTER it stalls out, it'll backfire when I start going again. Sometimes I can go 1/4 or more, other times 5 feet.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:42 PM   #28
campcar
Not Yet Wild

I have a 1991 par car, when I bought it was doing almost the same thing, it ended up being the crank shaft seal was no good behind the clutch. It was sucking air threw the bad seal instead of pulling fuel from the intake.
campcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:44 PM   #29
scubajoe
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by campcar View Post
I have a 1991 par car, when I bought it was doing almost the same thing, it ended up being the crank shaft seal was no good behind the clutch. It was sucking air threw the bad seal instead of pulling fuel from the intake.
Wouldn't that 'cause poor compression? My compression is really good, I think. It's been running a little better lately, but then my daughter was messing with it and the key won't turn off, or to reverse.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:07 PM   #30
scubajoe
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Well, I got this cart over a year ago, and lots has happened since then, and I've changed my goals on this one several times. Now it's running well, after rebuilding the fuel pump and carburetor, and replacing the plug, wire, coil pack, and ignition module, and setting the timing. This weekend I decided it was time to charge the battery so I could move it and cut the grass ;) and finish re-upholstering the seats. It's done now, and just needs the forward/reverse switch so it can go in reverse again.

Nobody will use it except me (because whenever someone else touches it, it breaks), so I have it for sale right now. No serious offers yet, so we'll see if it stays or goes. At least it's not such and eyesore with the new seats. ;)

Don't mind the ductape. Can't reinstall the front clip until the f/r switch is replaced. I guess if I can't sell it, it might get some paint.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0079-1.jpg (171.3 KB, 6 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts