lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2021, 06:45 PM   #1
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default ECO Battery, 48v 72ah Club Car DS Bundle

I am considering converting to the ECO Battery, 72ah pack. This seems to meet my physical installation and power requirements perfectly.

I would like to hear from actual users of this battery system. Please note any positives and negatives regarding this lithium battery. At this time, don't try to sway me to a different brand of battery. Not saying I won't consider them later. I just want to hear all I can about this one.

Cost may be a bit higher than others per ah, but it appears the package price may not be badly priced at all. I definitely want one pack with one BMS instead of multiple packs.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2021, 09:25 PM   #2
Ronno6
Gone Wild

Default Re: ECO Battery, 48v 72ah Club Car DS Bundle

Mr. Tom,

I believe ECO is currently out of stock on that battery(well they were out yesterday...)
May not matter to you at this time.....
I spoke to thee guy there a couple weeks ago or so, and he is the one who expressed concerns over my 98 DS being able to handle the current flow of their battery.
He said they receive a call or 2 a week from installers who have seen carts suffer component failure supposedly due to the current flow of their battery.
I considered this caveat to be unusually honest (?) from someone who would otherwise just be looking to sell a battery system.

It will be interesting to see if you receive a similar warning......

I finally ordered the 48v HSKY yesterday..... I'm just sayin'......
Ronno6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 06:28 PM   #3
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well, since I had no response from anyone in the Club Car section, I went to the EZGO lithium section.

A member there had a problem with the Eco Battery and it was resolved with the help of Eco Battery. As a result, Eco Battery is now a forum member and waiting to become a sponsor.

I purchased the 48 volt, 72ah kit today.
Old 08-14-2021, 03:31 PM   #4
mnealuf
Not Yet Wild

Keep,us posted, I am thinking about one myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Well, since I had no response from anyone in the Club Car section, I went to the EZGO lithium section.

A member there had a problem with the Eco Battery and it was resolved with the help of Eco Battery. As a result, Eco Battery is now a forum member and waiting to become a sponsor.

I purchased the 48 volt, 72ah kit today.
mnealuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 04:47 PM   #5
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnealuf View Post
This is what I got.

https:// ******************-ezgo-freedom-txt-bundle-b

No tax unless you live in Utah. $150.00 freight.

See my thread about this installation. Everything is done except the battery. UPS is struggling to get it to me for some reason.

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=178404

I like it so far!
Old 08-14-2021, 04:52 PM   #6
Ronno6
Gone Wild

Hang in there, Sir.....
Ronno6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 05:09 PM   #7
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronno6 View Post
Hang in there, Sir.....
That's what I'm trying to do with minor success. I envy you getting yours running. Hopefully Monday.....
Old 08-14-2021, 08:32 PM   #8
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Washington is in my backyard; let me know if I need to go rattle some cages (Dad used to say that; not sure it's used anymore!)!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 09:12 PM   #9
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
Washington is in my backyard; let me know if I need to go rattle some cages (Dad used to say that; not sure it's used anymore!)!
I think I still say that! Only now I'm too old to do it!
Old 09-01-2021, 04:22 PM   #10
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnealuf View Post
I haven't replied to your post yet and am not sure you followed my success with the ECO Battery 48 volt 72 Ah kit.

I know all of the 48 volt kits are sold out and will not be back in stock until October 1. If you have made the decision to go with ECO, I know you will not be disappointed.

The kit is complete, with virtually everything you need for the installation. They even send a strap to pull the old LA batteries out. Every part of the key has a key function and installation is a breeze.

Here are three links to my other threads. I was overconcerned with charging the lithium and also the voltage readings, which were answered by other members for clarification:

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=178404

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=178428

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=178870

I am totally happy with this installation. I am getting a solid range of nearly 40 miles based on long rides I took to determine this. This is all flat road surface rides, 24 mph top speed, with an average speed of 10 to 14 mph.

Any questions, I'll be glad to help with my minimal knowledge of the lithium operation.

Tom
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car