lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
katz1002
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation 1982 G-2 problems

I live at provate lake where golfcarts are allowed to legally ride on the roads so i bought a golfcart and have driven it for 5 years recently its been giving me a list of problems. it all started when i let my "friend" use it and he jumped it.
1. The starter went out about a 2 years ago
2.wiring fried 18 months ago
3.ignitin coil went bad. 18 months ago
4.busted crankcase vent hose spewing oil everywhere catching fire 1 month
5.fuelpump went bad 1 month
6.clutch on the engine imploaded about a week ago
ive also bypassed the govenor on my golfcart and i have been over revving it attemping to get around the lake faster

Now, the true reson for this post is where can i get a clutch rebuild kit and how do i get the bolt off to get the old one off is it LH thread or RH?
katz1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: 1982 G-2 problems

Welcome to BGW. Sounds like the cart has given you great service considering the way its been driven for 5 years. I drive mine the same way. Use an impact to remove the bolt (22 mm I think, can't remember). Check out our sponsors for a clutch.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #3
katz1002
Not Yet Wild

anyone willing to bring me a big enough air compresser mines to small to run a impact even though i have one
Old 09-22-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
miferrel
Gone Crazy

Club Car

To BGW

And good luck on getting the compressor delivered
miferrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #5
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

katz, the thread is standard (LH) lefty loosey righty tighty, devise a way to hold your clutch, you're probably not gonna damage it anymore! I know of no repair kits, you'll have to get a new one or maybe search for a used one here or E-bay.. You will likely need a clutch puller once you get that bolt out.
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:04 PM   #6
toadady
Gone Wild

Yamaha

you can order the individual parts for the engine clutch through anyone carring yamaha parts (site sponsors) you won't need a clutch puller just to get the weights off it will slide off after removing the main bolt.

if i had the money,myself, i'dd get the comet replacement, better , adjustable, and you can let the motor idle and not have it shut off when you stop.
toadady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:37 AM   #7
Crazy Canuck
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a primary clutch if that's what you need. It's used and could let you have it for about $80 plus shipping. Only problem is I live in Ontario, Canada. Don't know where you are or how much it would cost to ship. By the way, It doesn't have the primary sheave so, be careful taking yours off.Will send pics if you are interested
Crazy Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:49 PM   #8
katz1002
Not Yet Wild

ZE DOCTA FEEX with zip ties ia little engineering and 3 zipties later i have a working cart again so far so good about 2 hours on it so far
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha