lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2010, 05:15 AM   #1
shallomac
Not Yet Wild

Default 244cc 2 stroke questions

Hello hello,
I have a 244cc robins 2-stroke engine, it acts like it is starving for fuel. It has a new airfilter, fuel filter and plug. all the fuel lines were blown clear and fuel pump was removed and inspected. I restricted some of the air flow going to the carb through the air intake and it seemed to run fine. The cart is a 3-wheel 1979 EZ-Go. It is not sucking air anywhere else that I can see. Need some help with this issue. Thanks
shallomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 244cc 2 stroke questions

Next on the list looks to be a good
carb tear down and cleaning.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:13 AM   #3
shallomac
Not Yet Wild

U got that right! I ran out of time last night, had to work today but that is my next move. Thanks
Old 08-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #4
tguellich
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You may get the same "starving for fuel" feeling with a clogged muffler. Try disconnecting the muffler to see if that is clogged. It won't run great without the muffler's back pressure but you will notice a power gain. If it is clogged, look up muffler bbq directions on this forum.
tguellich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:18 AM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tguellich View Post
You may get the same "starving for fuel" feeling with a clogged muffler. Try disconnecting the muffler to see if that is clogged. It won't run great without the muffler's back pressure but you will notice a power gain. If it is clogged, look up muffler bbq directions on this forum.
I remember one time a guy thought he could use a gas grill.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:56 PM   #6
shallomac
Not Yet Wild

Pulled the carb off lastnight cleaned everything. The carb was very clean, I did blow carb cleaner through all the openings and drained the float bowl. Made sure the float was working properly. Everything all checked out good.
again I am puzzled that when I restrict the air flow to the carb it runs like a well oiled machine. I checked for air leaks but found none. Very confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #7
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Have you checked the pickup in the tank? Restricting the air at the carb is like puttin on the choke. Its pullin more gas into the carb. when you put your hand over it. Just thinkin you have a cracked fuel line or something where flow is restricted.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:43 PM   #8
shallomac
Not Yet Wild

I just finished replacing all the fuel hoses. Also pulled dip tube out of fuel tank inspected it and blew it clear. still acts like its starving for fuel. Muffler is also clear. now should the fuel filter be full of gas? I replaced it with the same one that was on there. Its a clear filter so i can see the gas going in, but it only trickles in from the tank and it is far from being full. Although its a big filter I think. But like I had mentioned earlier thats the filter that goes with that year of cart. Thanks for all the sugestions, I am trying them all but still not working.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #9
shallomac
Not Yet Wild

I also checked the gas cap to see if its venting properly, and it is.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:02 PM   #10
shallomac
Not Yet Wild

When I restrict the air flow to the carb the engine smooths right out and takes full throttle and I get great throttle response. But when i run it with the choke on, it runs like an engine with the choke on like garbage.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO