lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
four20ps
Not Yet Wild

Default 91 Cushman 327 turns off randomly

So I just got a 91 cushman truckster with 327 daihatsu 27hp engine. It ran alright but sometimes it would turn off. SO i took it to a golf cart repair shop, and they tuned it up, ajusted the points and carb, when I got it back it was alot quieter and ran alright. about my second time using it it turned off when i was warming it up. I didnt thing it was a big deal cause its cold. But it has slowly gotten worse and worse and now sometimes it'll start and some times it wont. now im at the point where even if the car is warm it can still just shut off. Im going to clean up the carb but i really dont know what to do. Please somebody on here help me with some knowledge. And i need this cart to run perfect by next year Cause it will be going to Burning Man for 7 days and i cant have a breakdown out there. Thanks...I checked the spark on the plugs and there good. the fuel pump (electircal) works. the oil light sometimes turns on even though its full of oil.
four20ps is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
onlyonmonday
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 91 Cushman 327 turns off randomly

I had an issue once with the condenser getting hot and it would shut down and if left for a minute or so it would start again and be fine sometimes.
onlyonmonday is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cushman, ignition, ignition problem
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts