lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
Woodie1
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G-5 Model (Sun Classic) keeps blowing 30a fuse

I bought a Yamaha G-5 Model (Sun Classic) golf cart this summer. From day 1 I started blowing the 30 amp fuse every couple of times driving it. Some days it will blow 3 times in a single usage and other days I can drive 3 miles and no blown fuses. I have looked for broken wires that are touching the frame, but haven't had any luck.

Thanks for any help in advance
Woodie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G-5 Model (Sun Classic) keeps blowing 30a fuse

Welcome to BGW!

Try checking all of the connections for corrosion.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
Woodie1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the advice. I will recheck every connection next and reply back.

Thanks
Old 09-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #4
Woodie1
Not Yet Wild

So I checked all connections for corrosion pulled all the tape back and looked for broken wires. I didn't find anything. I even disconnected the accessory wiring harness to make sure it wasnt one of the lights, or brakes that was grounded somewhere. The fuse blew after about 300 yards in driving it.

Any other thoughts????

Thanks
Old 09-18-2012, 09:18 PM   #5
Woodie1
Not Yet Wild

Also the 30 amp fuse I blow is on the positive line.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #6
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I would like to help, but I looked for and couldn't find a wiring diagram for your cart. Do you know if the wiring is the same as another cart. If you can help with a wiring diagram for your cart I can look it over and help sort it out with you. Let me know - RAY

PS - A good way to troubleshoot this is to identify every circuit/accessory supplied by the 30 Amp fuse, and disconnect them one at a time until the fuse no longer blows. (This is an intermittent short to ground which can be a real pain to find!!) You should be looking for a wire that possibly has had the insulation rubbed or burned through against the frame (be suspicious of any "loose" wires).The bad wire probably bounces around and occasionally touches the frame, clearing the fuse. Also, it could be an accessory where the positive wire has become disconnected and is dangling/bouncing around. (Do you have anything on the cart that is not working ??)
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha